Total War: Warhammer 2

Awesome timing too, right around the time I’m wrapping up my first Deadfire game (probably take me 2-3 weeks) I can get back to Warhammer 2! Oh, crap, Battletech. ARGH!!

So I downloaded the tomb kings. Fancy and stylish and I like the mechanics. Had some fun.

However, as settra, little challenge on normal.

Free troops limited by number of requisite buildings seems very powerful indeed.

I’m auto resolving most fights. Not a good thing.

This isn’t mortal empires so thank goodness I have the books to chase after.

In game I wish there was more info on this Arkan the black guy. He died very quickly bit short of googling it, who, why, when, what?

Now that it’s May, has CA set a specific release date for the big update?

LOL of course not.

They are doing updates pretty much every Tuesday right now and they said “late May” so I’m guessing 24th at the earliest.

Awesome!

Also someone pointed out there is a new icon.

To which one of their community managers said:

“It doesn’t look like anything to me :smile:”

Maybe Runes finally?

Looks like a manufacturing icon so maybe we will make items?

It’s something akin to Rites I assume, which makes one wonder if all the old races will have something along those lines.

That would be amazing.

Leaked footage of new Warhammer UI button:

Someone pointed out they also have a unique resource along the top ala Jars for Tomb Kings.

Arghhhh I wish this update was available right now! Me wants to play with the new stuff and the mysteries of the shiny s… the new buttons…

Dude, are you done with Battletech already?

I do have to say, this last year or so has marked a change in the long-term dearth of good turn based games. As a TB gamer, I’m pretty happy these days.

Apparently, they stopped Tuesday Newsday without bothering to tell anyone.

But they did say we’ll get some announcement this week. But not Tuesday, because CA doesn’t understand schedules or PR.

Most people think it’s Alarielle and Hellebron (HE/DE).

I just think it’s completely underwhelming.

Theory is we’ll get a trailer tomorrow based on how they’ve done things historically, but yeah, a doorway doesn’t do a whole lot for me other than being something other than nothing.