Total War: Warhammer 2

Yeah their campaign is fairly difficult if you play it the “intended” way (aka without fratricide) since you basically have 1 city that supports 1.5 full stacks at best and everything else is an outpost that can’t defend itself or contribute.

It takes something like 50 turns to level up tree enough to confederate the other major elf faction (so you can have both Durthu + Orion legendary lords.)

Very cool writeup on Warhammer lore:

There’s ten parts, this is number 1:

Well, here is something probably everyone knows but I only just discovered this morning after 80+ hours with Total Warhammer 2 (and 115 hours with the first game). I will detail it here in case others find it useful.

I’ve always used the Space bar when arranging my troops to see where they will move to so I can set them up properly. For example, If I grab my melee units and drag them into a line, I like to then hold space bar to draw the line of archers behind where melee will end up when they finish marching.

But doing so for the first time I saw the “threat” indicator over the enemy units while in Space Bar mode!

This icon indicates the threat to individual enemy forces posed to the selected unit. In this case, I have a Tree Kin selected and he finds all enemy forces a “low threat”. When you put your cursor over an enemy unit it breaks down what the icons mean.

This information is super handy to have, so I looked up how to have access to it at all time, and you can do this easily! When you have Space bar held down, there is also an options panel on the right, click a padlock icon next to any information you see during the Space bar being held down to “lock” it so it’s visible even without the space bar. In this case, I clicked on the Unit Threat lock.

And viola! Now the handy little unit threat icons are visible at all times, and when I select a unit I should be able to make a better “at a glance” choice for whom to send it after. This should make my Slayer units a lot more useful as I wonder if the reason I’ve been losing with them in the co-op campaign I have going with @ShivaX is simply because I was sending them at high threat targets? I’ll find out next time we play now for sure.

Wow. I have 200 hours on both games and never knew that!

AWESOME! Thanks!

There is so much content in Warhammer 2 you could probably spend the next 10 years playing it… as long as you enjoy the core gameplay loop.

I’ve still never even played the Skaven, Orcs, Vikings or Lizards in campaign, and barely any Tomb Kings, Vampires or Chaos.

That’s for sure. I have only beaten the campaign with Dwarf, Norsca, High Elf, and Dark Elf and three of those were co-op campaigns. I’ve barely touched most of the races, but every time I start with any of them I have a really good time in the early-game. It’s probably my favorite strategy game right now, it’s just so much fun.

Poor Thrones of Britannia. I honestly believe that game was made to give their art department something to do.

Oh and Dwarves. Forgot about Dwarves. Everybody likes those little buggers except me. I’m too elf-y for my own good.

Bet you’re a cat person too!

The slayer king has a new start. They can recruit slayers right off the bat, and Ungrim himself has new skills specific to slayers.

It’s also the easiest dwarf position I’ve played! So, you start pretty far north (bordering Kislev). You take 2-3 greenskin settlements and you’re at peace. Then you go kill 3 vampire factions which is a cinch. Early on they have crap units, at best a couple of cavalry. Hold their hordes, kill their lord, GG WP. Pick up regeneration as a perk on Ungrim when you kill Isabella Von Carstein. The only drawback is you’ll have unrest for quite a while because of corruption. I could have sacked/razed instead but I decided to keep the stuff.

Then you can start working your way south with a secure flank. Least stressful dwarf game since the patch. Greentide is real. They killed every other dwarf except for the main blues who were holding on with 3 provinces.

The new Queen High Elf is NOT easy. Ty Fdsaion for some wisdom on the opening turns.

What makes her hard-ish and interesting is she has to corral the elves for a defense of Ulthuan, plus deal with the Dark Elves, plus deal with her Ritual Currency and the vortex. I am 71 turns in on that campaign and I did something sorta half crazy on turn 35 or so that ended up working.

To be sure, the Handmaiden unit (new in this expansion) is a true wonder.

Not NEAR as easy as Lothern. Though her constant heals can really be a huge boon.

BTW Ty Fdsaion for that great after action report. I was on turn 50 or so when I thought It was getting tough. See here’s the thing: On a vortex campaign with Averlorn you have to 1: get Ulthuan united; 2: try to NOT fight high elves; 3: Burn down the invaders; 4: get shards or whatever so you can activate the vortex. AND then you get chaos armies and those damn teleporting expeditionary forces. That is why that character is labeled “hard” cause it IS hard. Damn my eyes I lost my campaign last night. Trying again with more heals tonight. very bloody battles.

Just Hard/hard/

“She who defends everything defends nothing” that’s what I feel like in outar Ulthuan.

Gotta hand it to CA though --a TON of strategic thinking in that campaign.

Killing the other elves works pretty well actually. Just need to be picky on who to murder!

The vortex mechanics are truly a giant pain in the ass, with armies spawning in right next to settlements and often immediately attacking them (spawn and same turn move should never be a thing - impossible to react). Keep in mind you can delay hitting the ritual button and you still collect shards past the current goal (theoretically you could hit all the rituals one right after another if you waited) - I never hit the button until all cities have walls so you can delay a turn or two to get an army over.

Wait wa… what’s going on?

Do I need to do something? Tell me what to do, I am too tired for openly obvious riddles!

Spill blood with Dark Elves. Is what it says. Play as Dark Elves?

No one knows and CA isn’t telling. They even had a response to the thread on the forum, but it was just to “confirm” that the secret is Cookie Monster.

Cookies for the Cookie God.