Total War: Warhammer 2

Why the vortex mechanics are a piece of shit.

7 stacks, most of them gold chevroned, spawned in thin air that move and attack the same turn (the chaos stacks triple teamed the razed city). What’s even shittier about this one is that they spawned on the target. They usually spawn some distance away and have to walk, during which they get hung up on sieging random shit and I get to intercept. Not this time, so I have to run the armies I had placed to intercept back inside. This is still survivable by me (going to get most of Saphery razed beforehand), but is absolutely annoying shit.

EDIT: Also fuck you CA still haven’t fixed the reinforcement bug (where reinforcements come from random ass directions and get asswiped)
EDIT2: Agent spam has made this slightly easier than expected. Block army is good. Thanks Tower of Hoeth for giving me level 12 mages off the bat.

Am I the only one to notice that the vortex in-game rotates a different direction than the title screen vortex?

fdsaion, that looks excactly like my game at around turn 120. Started over. Maybe go to moral empires.

Does that mean you’re not playing an evil race? LOL

If you believe in cultural relativism, the lizards have done nothing wrong. They are Lawful Neutral. Genocide is a side effect of following the Great Plan.

(Who’s even non-evil in Warhammer).

High Elves are probably the closest, then maybe Dwarfs.

Of course Dwarfs will kill a whole city because the mayor sold them a bad pair of socks so…

It’s been taken care of. My army that was camped out in Evershale (+ garrison reinforcements + multiple high level mages spammed out spamming block army) managed to handle things even before the reinforcements staged in the outer ring made it back inside. I was actually quite surprised by that. Block army is sooo good.

I really want to enjoy the game. I’ve tried the first one a few times and felt I lost the “easy” Dwarven campaign quickly. Mostly my armies getting destroyed by roaming baddies.

Is there something I can do to grok the game better?

Sure. Watch the Partyelite videos on YouTube. On my phone now, so can’t link easily but they should be easy to find.

This looks right.

Dwarfs are NOT easy currently.

The orcs are overpowered.

edit: oh, the easiest dwarf to play currently is not the blue ones, but the ones that start way north. Ungrim the slayer king. You’ll face only a couple of orcs, can kill off easy vampires, ally with humans for trade, and go down to face orcs when you’re developed and have an army or two.

I tried a few times - shortly after release, several months later, and after the release of TW2. Something just didn’t click for me.

Yup, you found it. By all means keep watching his stuff until it clicks.

The greenskins have a lot of armies, You’ll want to bait them, ambush them, and/or somehow advance very slowly. In the beginning you can only afford one army. If you expand North, you’ll run the risk of the capital going down because orcs will go for it. If you go South, they’ll skip past you and go raze one of your other settlements.

Get quarrelers. Get dwarven warriors. Kill off the ~4 enemy cavalry, and battle is won. Your front line will not fold. Use the quarrelers to wheel around and shoot the rest in the ass.

edit: The AI invariably will try to flank your quarrelers so when there’s a lot I keep a melee unit to defend the flank, and then rotate most of the quarrelers to the side to eliminate the cav first.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

The Kharibdyss is a free addition to the Dark Elves roster for all owners of The Queen & The Crone DLC, and will be available from 15:00 BST on the 21st of June.

Dammit! I was starting to think I spend too much time on Warhammer already.

One can never spend too much time on Warhammer LOL.

I’m glad I waited til this big patch as there’s a lot of changes, updates, and refinements:

Summary

With the chalice now overflowing with the blood of those who dared oppose the Druchii, the time has come – behold as the loathsome Kharibdyss rises from the depths!

The Kharibdyss is a free addition to the Dark Elves roster for all owners of The Queen & The Crone DLC, and will be available from 15:00 BST on the 21st of June.

Excelling at munching on other monsters, the Kharibdyss may be slow and lumbering but its poisonous armour-piercing attacks are some of the hardest hitting in the game. Its terrifying presence and abyssal howl reduce the most courageous leaders to mere shadows of their former selves, and even dragons may end up reduced to little more than a mid-battle snack by one of its many mouths.

In addition to the arrival of the eponymous monster, the Kharibdyss update also includes a number of revisions, improvements and balance changes for Total War: WARHAMMER II for all players regardless of whether they own The Queen & The Crone – read on to find out more.

Patch Notes
Rebalanced Crone Hellebron’s Cursed Blade ability by removing the phase recharge and changing the phase to deal up to 144 to a single target when the phase is applied. The phase can be reapplied every ten seconds.
Rogue armies will now spawn correctly in campaigns.
Arkhan’s Legion of Death skill will now add factionwide buffs to Fell Bats, Crypt Ghouls, Dire Wolves and Hex Wraiths.
Bone Giant has had the undead trait removed and the construct trait added as well as +10 Leadership.
Bretonnian starting armies have been changed back to what they were prior to The Queen and the Crone update.
Tyrion’s -1 to recruitment time will now apply to Sisters of Avelorn and Shadow Warriors.
Firebark Elders (Tree Kin) Regiment of Renown unit now correctly has its Wildfire Aura ability.
Summoners of Rage (Dragon Ogres) Regiment of Renown unit now correctly has its Chain Lightning ability.
Great Mortis Delta province is now correctly part of the Geomantic Web.
Fixed a softlock that would occur for Crone Hellebron when the Amulet of Dark Fire quest would trigger when Shrine of Khaine had been razed.
Sword of Khaine will no longer display an Empire flag after loading a save game from before The Queen and the Crone update when Shrine of Khaine has been razed.
Diplomacy Greetings for Dark Elf factions will now use the correct VO actors.
Sisters of Slaughter and Sisters of Avelorn will no longer use male conversational VO in battles.
Builds in localised languages will now trigger UI click sounds on the technology tree, skill tree and crafting screens.
Rites are no longer locked on save games created before The Queen and The Crone’s release.
Walls will now display correctly on the campaign map when loading a save game.
Black Ark Admirals will no longer be able to obtain The Sword of Khaine.
Sword of Khaine will no longer be lost when the Lord’s army does not participate in a battle as a reinforcing army due to Lightning Strike and the allied army suffers a loss.
AI will now upgrade Gaean Vale.
AI will now build Handmaiden’s Gallery.
Norsca and Wintertooth can no longer build minor defense buildings in province captials.
Alarielle’s Star of Avelorn now requires 85% untained in Titan Peaks as part of the quest chain, rather than 95%.
Gianthome Mountains will now have a garrison force.
Dreadlord of Hag Graef will now unlock after building The Dark Crag.
The Tier V Dwarf Smith building chain will now increase the capacity for Runesmiths recruitable.
AI Throgg will no longer upgrade to a chariot.
Wood Elves and Argwylon Tree Kin will no longer use Averlorn faction colours.
Tomb Kings Regiments of Renown now correctly show the diamond icon denoting they are Regiments of Renown within battle.
Supreme Sorceress shoulder clipping issues have been fixed.
Fashion advisors have been hired for the Hydras.
Legacy of the Necromancer achievement will now be attainable.
Cave In achievement will now be attainable.
Mods will now show up correctly in the modified.log file.
Various spelling and grammatical errors fixed.
Various localisation issues fixed across multiple languages.
Balance Changes
Units
Beastmen
Bestigor Herd
– 5 armour

Khorrok’s Manripper
– 5 armour

Gor Herd (Shields)

• 1 melee attack

Gor Herd

• 1 melee attack

Cygor RoR

• 50 cost

Bretonnia
Royal Hippogryph Knights

• 10 Armour

• 400 Mass

Alberic de Bordeleaux

• 10 Armour

King Louen Leoncoeur

• 10 Armour

Lord

• 10 Armour

Green Knight

• 480 health

Foot Squires
– 50 Cost

Mounted Yeomen Archers
– 50 cost

Questing Knights RoR

• 50 cost

Foot Squires RoR
– 50 Cost

• 1 Melee Attack

Men-at-Arms
– Added ‘Expendable’ attribute

Men-at-Arms (Shields)

Spearmen-at-Arms

Men-at-Arms (Polearm)

Spearmen-at-Arms (Shields)

Paladin (All Variants)
– Added ‘Guardian’ ability

• 12 Bonus vs Large

Chaos
Kholek
Increased projectile hit box size

Chosen (all)
– 1 Hit Points per Entity

Marauders (Great Weapons)

• 1 Charge Bonus

Marauder Horsemasters

• 2 Charge Bonus

Sigvald the Magnificent
– 50 cost

Sarthorael

• 50 cost

Hellcannon
Minor decrease in projectile accuracy

Hellcannon RoR

• 50 cost

Swords of Chaos
– 3 base melee damage

• 3 ap melee damage

Dark Elves
Raven Heralds

• 5 Hit Points per Entity

Bolt-Fiends
Replaced Murderous Mastery with Murderous Prowess

– 25 cost

Doomfire Warlocks

• 50 cost

Slaanesh Harvesters

• 50 cost

Sisters of Slaughter
– 2 melee attack

– 1 ap melee damage

– 15 missile block chance.

Dwarfs
Thane
– 50 cost

Gyrobomber

• 3 projectile ap damage

• 1 projectile base damage

Empire
Flagellants

• 2 hit points per entity

Tattersouls

• 2 hit points per entity

Halberdiers
– ‘Upgraded Charge Defence vs Large’ attribute to ‘Expert Charge Defence’

• 4 leadership

Greatswords
– 50 cost

Greenskins
Black Orcs
– 1 hit points per entity

– 1 Charge Bonus

High Elves
Swordmasters of Hoeth
– 50 cost

Alith Anar
Increased projectile muzzle velocity

Sisters of Avelorn
Minor increase in projectile accuracy

Lizardmen
Cold One Riders
– 50 Cost

Kroxigors

• 16 Hit Points per Entity

• 15% Missile Resistance

Blessed Kroxigors

• 16 Hit Points per Entity

• 15% Missile Resistance

Norsca
Marauder Champions

• 5 leadership

Mammoths (all)

• 5 bonus vs infantry

• 3000 mass

Marauders (Great Weapons)

• 1 Charge Bonus

Marauder Horsemasters

• 2 Charge Bonus

Icehorn Marauders (Norscan Marauders RoR)
– 50 cost

Fimir Warriors (Great Weapons)
– 3 bonus vs. large

Fimir Warriors

• 10 base melee damage

Skaven
Death Runners

• 2 Charge Bonus

Plague Monk Censerbearers

• 2 health per entity

Poison Wind Globadiers

• 4 bonus vs large missile damage

Warp Lightning Cannon

• 112 HP

Plagueclaw Catapult

• 106 HP

Vampire Counts
Devils of Swartzhafen
– 100 cost

Grave Guard (GW)
– 50 cost

Wood Elves
Eternal Guard RoR
– 50 cost

Wardancers RoR
– 50 cost

Abilities
Hold the Line: replaced +100% Charge Resistance with +5 melee defence.
Hammer of Sigmar: now AoE 40m radius
Grand Hammer of Sigmar: duration increased to 50 seconds
Shield of Faith: duration increased to 25 secs.
Grand Shield of Faith: reduced to 40m radius, duration increased to 50 seconds.

Suspected it would be Khar.

And fixes/balance tweaks are always welcome.

Allarielle (sp) Campaign complete on Hard/Hard!

Though I am a bit more of a historical total warrior, I cannot help but think that CA’s decisions to keep mid and late game interesting (even if it means teleporting stacks close by) a good thing. That was a great campaign. Tons of strategic decisions and some great tactical battles.

I was even surprised by the penultimate ending (as opposed to the final ending which was not easy). The added strategic lawyer of defending ulthuan and uniting the high elves was great.

Back to Thrones of Britainia for me! Great game… some of those battles are truly magnificent.

Get out of here rats