Total War: Warhammer 2

Just got the new cpu-- load times are nill. Mortal empire turn times are about the same as my old Vortex turn times (say 30 secs?). Battles? Sublime. It’s the way this game was meant to be played.

Which makes me wonder after two years of playing this sorta sluggishly: What are these developers thinking? Now that I finally can play the game the way it was meant to be played I am on the back end of their development progress.

Cheap Dell daily special.

Kristi what are your new system specs?

Uh – well I know I have 8 megs of vram and 32 megs of Reg ram … I think. Hmm maybe Ill figure out how to link it here in a few minutes. lemme look and take a picture.

You can grab cpu-z and that will pop your specs up nicely. Though maybe there’s another program that shows system specs in a nicer format not spread across several tabs.

Let’s try dxdiag.

OMG they’re actually doing it the crazy bastards. I love it.

Venture Capitalists, the original vampires of society.

Grabbed this and all the DLC (except the one that comes out in November) finally due to Steam’s sale/crack. I’ve purchased pretty much all of the TWs since the very first and enjoy them but never can let myself spend the time to learn them properly. But since this one is supposed to be one of if not the best of the series, I’m diving the hell in and will give it the proper time to learn and enjoy it.

Of course I also grabbed the great 10 Year bundle over on GOG that has 3 amazing games including KCD, so I’m not sure where I’ll find the time.

JP let’s try this:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 3.20GHz 30 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0DF42J (U3E1)
Graphics
C27F591 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Dell)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Dell) 34 °C
ForceWare version: 387.95
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA ) 25 °C
953GB KXG50ZNV1T02 NVMe TOSHIBA 1024GB (RAID (SSD))
Optical Drives
PLDS DVD±RW DU-8A5LH
Audio
Realtek Audio

Just FYI, but there is some funkiness with Warhammer’s 2s “Mortal Empire” campaign - you can only play the old factions if you own them in Warhammer 1.

OTOH, the Vortex Campaign is actually a different map and in some ways feels a bit more hand crafted, especially in the southwest corner of the map. Also Mortal Empire turns take a long time, about 2x longer than Attila for reference.

FYI - it’s a common display issue in the diagnostic program you used, but this really does have 8GB

Dan I agree. And Warhammer 2 plays like a smoothly oiled Glock 9.

(home protection I promise)

Enidigm there is a mod that lets you run more factions in the vortex campaign. Mortal empires is a turn hell. Even with my new super computer lol. (though I have been playing a Empire ME campaign and turns are around 35 secs) (and yes I times them).

It’s the SSD + video card that are helping with the battle load times. Mostly the SSD.

Source: Total war has been the reason I’ve wasted money on PC upgrades for decades.

edit: oh you mean AI turn times. 35 seconds does sound good, and that would yes be the CPU. Sorry.

Wise I agree and this is almost the first time I have been on the bubble Total war-wise (cpu-wise). Warhammer 2 is 3 good things: Fun strategy, over the top crazy fantasy, and spectacle. And I cannot stress the last well enough. Eben when we were in the midst of Rome 1 in some crazy forest battling gauls 12 years ago (or whatevs) there was spectacle --and by that I mean the overall amazing awesomeness of a battle.

Ya. I started the ME campaign first and it took me a while to figure out that I didn’t have all the factions due to not having them in WH1. But then I went back to the other campaign and realized it was also a tutorial which helps. So I’m doing it now.

And y’all aren’t lying about spectacle. You start with a freaking giant flaming bird thing!

Lost get all the factions --try Tomb Kings for spectacle – almost makes you ptsd in battles.

So I think (but could be wrong) that you have the Intel 6-core i7 8700 cpu?

Well it looks like I do.

Best and only TW2 mod I use, worth reposting:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1217281194

“This mod significantly improves End Turn Times by stopping the AI from making MOST of their own offers to the player.”

That is a very nice mod. I found the most helpful thing about it is that it lets me step away from the computer for a minute during turn loads and not come back to realize the first AI player had offered me some garbage i didnt want and the other 100 AI factions hadn’t even gone in the meantime. Which is annoying.