Total War: Warhammer 2

Do you have the animation stuff turned down on the campaign map (is that an option)?

Yeah turned off everything i thought i could. Will check again with a new game. I even have tomb kings and wood elves dlc unplayed. In the meantime Im about a third of the way through Ghoulslayer, the new Gotrek book. so all is well in the world of PWK Warhammer

unplayed, do you mean unchecked? I actually think that might makes things worse, because the more small races there are hanging on, the longer the turn time. Someone did some benchmarks with RTW2 with fewer minors vs. normal, and the few minors was much faster.

No, i mean i bought the DLCs and havent done much more than half a dozen turns with each.

I added 2 mods, one for anims, one for diplomacy that speeds ME turns up and its certainly helped so I’m trying a Skaven game. On turn 3 my second lord rebelled and then ambushed Squeek and 16 units on his own. I guess he thought he was Gotrek (who might have won)

I love the freeze frame of Brian Blessed in that YT video.

Wow ok --the new addon – humans? Seems like a fine new faction. Blah blah archers…

Lizardpeople? Holy shit is that new faction fun! Go grab this and play the new Lizardpeople faction… you take cities horde mode… then you vassal them.

Its a bit like my “all factions unlocked” Bowmen of Oren faction campaign…

Sadly Vortex campaign turn times are longer.

There is also a “white lizard” new campaign leader dl for free. Heck If I know.

I feel like BB lives his days at the pub regaling local yokels of his Time of Greatness, with a half sane look you can’t quit figure out if it is affected. Occasionally men in suits come and take him away, and as he leaves with a glass shaking laugh quips, “Once more, my talents are required!”, and no one can tell if he’ll actually make enough money this time to pay off his tab.

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of love for Brian Blessed. After Flash Gordon I tried to find more stuff with him. Black Adder, I, Claudius, and I still need to see Return to Treasure Island, one of his favorite movies.

Good idea! I need to have a Brian Blessed movie day.

OMG me too!

I actually looked for a way to get a white dwarf magazine early today —in between murderers and thieves, etc.

Shuma I haven’t been to a comic/game store in twenty years – do they sell White Dwarf magazine locally?

We actually are just about to start carrying some Games Workshop stuff including White Dwarf, but it’ll be a couple of weeks.

Thanks guys. I am talking about the US – I get the feeling there are a lot more GW stores in GB.

I recall getting white dwarf magazine in a different age. Do local comic book stores carry it?

Vesper where are you (in a magazine kinda way)

I get the feeling there are a lot more GW stores in GB.

Most newsagents/newstands in the UK will sell White Dwarf so I’ll just pop to my nearest one.

With mods my Mortal Empires (turn 6) took 1 min 55, which i can live with. Curious to know what people with new PCs are doing. I wanted to get another year or so out of this machine as im still playing newish titles with reasonable settings.

Tried both of the new campaigns on the weekend. As KG says the Lizardman one rocks, all Kroxigars all the time! But you can only have one army? Was stuck in a fight against Worldroot rangers who had 100% Glaive Infantry who destroyed me and then it was game over.

The Huntsmarshal campaign is cool that you have a “pissed off” meter where other factions hate you more and more, but the higher it goes the more fighty stuff you get shipped to you from the Empire. TW2 expansions just get better and better. Can’t wait to see what they have for TW3.

Yeah I tried two armies with those guys and went bankrupt. Still… it is an awesome new mechanic (horde kill --vassal). BTW Sam I played vortex – my brain hardly can work a new ME campaign at 2 minutes a turn.

Yeah this was a great expansion. and only 8.99. Just terrific fun.

I fooled around with Nakai on the vortex map this weekend. Much easier than Nakai on the mortal empires map which starts him in Norsca. Actually starting in Lustria with friendly lizards nearby helps immensely.

I haven’t technically won the campaign yet but it seems inevitable. I’m just painting the map green because I can and it’s relatively quick and painless without settlements to manage. The income for Nakai is an odd duck. His vassal income is pretty paltry and he doesn’t seem to get huge floods of money for sacking a settlement like the other horde factions do. He does however get two sources of income that are very important and weren’t immediately apparent.

1. After he builds his first blue temple he can use his favor of the old ones (or whatever its called) to boost vassal income for 3 turns by 50%. That can make some nice cash flow in a pinch, and later on in the game when there’s enough temples that the favor is rolling in he can use that ability every 3 turns for a constant boost.

2. He can use diplomacy to just ask his vassals for money. This is a lifesaver. The vassal faction isn’t raising armies and doesn’t have to build up cities so the vassal is doing nothing but sitting around collecting cash. Cash that they can be persuaded to give to Nakai.

It’s still hard to get filthy rich with Nakai. Chaos and Beastmen can hit their stride earlier and the money starts rolling in once multiple hordes are out sacking but Nakai has to conquer a LOT of land before that same cycle kicks in. I spent a lot of the game with only the one army and actually got the opportunity to take on the final campaign-winning battle right after I’d launched my second army. I’m up to four now and about to launch a fifth but as I said I’m going above and beyond the campaign win requirements just for funsies. So far I’ve wiped out all non-lizards from the west half of the map and I’m working on Ulthuan.

One thing to watch out for with Nakai, and I’m not sure if this is a bug or I missed something, is that it is possible for your vassals to get involved in a war that you aren’t involved in. I noticed as I was stomping around eliminating the dark elves that my 2/3’s share of Lustria was diminishing. I couldn’t figure out why my vassals were losing territory in Lustria and I kept playing around with camera settings trying to figure out if the game wasn’t showing me enemy army movements or rebel stacks taking my vassals towns. I finally figured out that while I had a non-aggression pact with Cult of Sotek, my vassals were actually at war with them. Since Cult of Sotek wasn’t a hostile or an ally my camera settings weren’t showing me their troop movements. I had to break the NAP, wait out the penalty period, and then march armies back down to Lustria so I could join my vassals war and reclaim the territory.