Total War: Warhammer 2

Announce TW3 you cowards!

Any faction you are interested in playing a single campaign even 50% of the way through with is worth every penny unless you expect a better than $1/hour ratio for your entertainment. Which is extremely cheap compared to things like going out to dinner, going to a bar, or seeing a movie. All which will cost more than 20x that (from an $/hour of entertainment perspective).

Edited to add that I know you weren’t bemoaning the cost, but every time I think about how I’ve probably gotten 10-20 hours of campaigns out of each DLC, I wonder if people who complain about DLC prices even live in the same world as me where taking your family out to the movies costs 60 bucks unless you don’t want popcorn.

I just finished a Tomb Kings playthrough on Vortex. Too many times previously would see me starting out, making ground, then a new patch would come and I’d be “yep, time to restart.” This time around I ended up getting completely hooked and finished my first Settra playthrough. The early game is challenging enough when fielding mostly meat shield units. For my late game, I decided to war against the Lizards to the South and take the whole “Africa” continent. That upped the challenge quite a bit. I’m looking forward to playing Tomb Kings in a ME campaign at some point as I think they really have the goods when it comes to sustained conquest. What I learned with the Vortex campaign is that they don’t really have public order problems with enough techs, and that is playing on VH difficulty.

What I’m now playing is a Vampire Coast campaign on Vortex. Once again, really enjoying my time with it. It just feels so much more like a sandpit. Do I upgrade my ship and sail the seas looking for plunder or do I take my conquests onto land and ensure I always have a port to return to. Gunpowder units just feel like a lot of fun to play with though I’m still learning ways of managing them and the terrain effectively. It was a similar story with Tomb Kings where I needed to change the way I play normally and embrace stuff like chariots and large constructs and micro those units effectively. My current ploy with gunpowder sometimes involves setting up ambush positions where I’ll place the handgunners hidden in terrain on the flanks, draw the opposition onto my front line of depthguards and then open fire as the lines meet. Unfortunately a frequent event is my handgunners get spotted and I have to then pull them back and out and try and make moves elsewhere. Still learning.

Medusas finally made it. And deathwind mortars.
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-shadow-the-blade-faq/

Edit: Also the FLC is Warhammer Joan of Arc for Bretonnia apparently.

Looks great - so I’ve got two weeks to wrap up my current ME campaign, lol.

Mortars are so sexy.

Also whatever the hell that Eshin bomb is… it’s insane.

I picked this up with the recent sales and started out as Tyrion, because I habitually play the good guys. I really enjoyed Total Warhammer 1, and the names of all the high elf units (and provinces) are bringing me right back to age 12 (when I played Warhammer fantasy), so I really wish I had some free time to actually play…

Henry Cavill plays Total War (4:50 into video)

And somehow they managed to make him not charming on Superman.

I’d imagine he’d need to spend all his time at the gym to keep his physique, but he still manages to play some really time heavy games. Also, games have come a huge way when they’re the entertainment of choice for a movie star…

So I got distracted by the Saphery elves when they attacked an ally, but I’ve just about wrapped that up and moved on to Caledor, which I’m “supposed” to take (by force). I also need to help my allies to the east that are slowly getting bested by the undead pirates.

Meanwhile some lizards and some rats have done a ritual thingy. Should I try to stop that? I’m kinda guessing only the big $10k option will work but I don’t exactly have $20k lying around. (I think it’s turn 25 or 30.)

Apparently the faster turn speed is… bonkers.
People are theorizing the “60% faster” is actually the low end of improvement.

It looks a out the same but with a lot fewer factions being listed? Is that how they sped it up, or where the shorter/ smaller factions just so fast they seemed to not be in the progress bar?

If they make the AI dumber than it is, I’ll take the longer turn times thank you.

It’s turn 200, so most of the smaller factions are dead.

Late game is where the turn times get super long as well.

I saw another video that showed turns towards the early game. It absolutely whizzed by.

Burke is playing on the new patch and the turn speed is insane.

Like first few turns the icons are just a blur they’re going past so fast.

That…would be the greatest innovation the gameseries has come with these last few iterations. Since Atilla, the game speeds have been insane on the larger maps. On my laptop, which is probably amongst the faster regular gaming laptop ( Intel Core i7-8750H processor) you can get right now, a turn takes around 1.30 minutes in the beginning. Thats a LOT of waiting time.

The early turns were taking like… 10 seconds or something.

Burke’s machine is a monster, but that’s still fast as heck.

Ok this Lord will make me try ME again as Britannia. Plus with the assumed better turn times…