Total War: Warhammer 3

Am I reading that correctly in that TW3 will have campaign multiplayer for more than 2 players?

About time too - not that such a campaign will ever end though.

That was my thought too haha. How do you even cover half of one of those games?

Simultaneous turns will help a ton.

If you don’t have a turn order for battle it becomes like Civ 4 multiplayer - the first to click their battle start has it activate first.

This was very useful in Civ because a good unit type was a stack of catapults specialized to do AOE damage.

I’ve played coop shogun before, it was a lot of fun. It still takes many, many hours to play the game. In a multiplayer, competitive game? As soon as they start losing they will quit.

Would be really cool if simultaneous turns also allows for separate async PvAI fights too (probably wont)

The 10 (well, 11 as there is a bonus at the end) things in this video I thought were excellent changes coming in Warhammer 3 and I only knew about a few of them, so there is something in here for everyone.

Nice, you can export your hero to skirmish and MP - something you could do in Battlecry II only 20 years ago!

Not in Battlecry1?

Just noticed you can buy this for 47 bucks on fanatical instead of 60 on steam if anyone wants to save 13 bucks.

Or snag Game Pass for a month ($1 if you’re a new sub) and can play it there! Just in case anyone wasn’t aware it’s a day one game pass release.

But if I play it on gamepass I can’t use the TW1+2 races :(

Fanatical is getting slammed! Okay, it went through, took a few minutes.

That’s good to know, thanks for the info!

I’m still not prepared to sign up for a lifetime gamepass subscription and I hate the idea of buying DLC for a game I don’t own. I think I’m just old :)

Edit: and I’m certain at some point once the new Bethesda and Blizzard stuff starts coming out on gamepass I will finally fold, just for clarity.

That seems totally sensible to me! I view Game Pass as largely a monthly rental service that’s nice to either knock out games that are in the “one and done” category or demo games I’m not sure if I’m interested in. I’ll play there a while and then when it comes time for DLC, I usually pick up the game (at a sale price) on Steam and the DLC there. :) I have the same issue buying DLC for games that I don’t own!

Thanks!

It’s crazy, I have an active games pass subscription, but I still want to buy this day 1 for the following mostly dumb reasons: 1) I will have to buy it eventually for DLC connection, 2) Ogre Kingdoms, 3) I want Steam to display my hours played from when I first played it. Geez, people who have some spare money to waste do crazy things sometimes.

You won’t be able to use TW1+2 races until the patch where they add mortal empires type of map to Warhammer 3. That could be awhile away. Or am I missing something?

You could be right. I was just making assumption based on TW1/2 history.

It only took them a month to add Mortal Empires to warhammer 2. Hopefully with Warhammer 3 it won’t be a long wait either! In the FAQ they mention their focus being on Warhammer 3 currently, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes them a few months.

Yea I’m a bit suspicious that it might be longer than a month this time seeing as we are getting close to release and they haven’t so much as mentioned the timetable for the Immortal Empires campaign. Which is just what reddit is calling it, no idea if thats the real name.

But it’ll take me more than a month to play through the 11 Legendary Lords anyways.

I was going to make Cathay my first playthrough but I have to say the custom demon lord looks super interesting to play. Running a true undivided faction with 4 rosters to choose from looks dope. The same as being able to recruit other factions units through outposts - this can’t get here soon enough!