Total War: Warhammer 3

I’m absolutely ambivalent about what they’ve shown because it’s a battle you are going to only ever play a handful of times. It does feel like a weird choice of things to reveal first.

The couple of dev interviews I watched seemed to imply that there are a great many things like sieges and minor settlement battles that they simply aren’t willing to discuss yet for whatever reason.

In any case I’m not really expecting them to reinvent the wheel. I’ve got my expectations extremely tempered regarding siege battles because I suspect they won’t simply throw out all those existing siege maps. And I’m pretty certain that using the existing maps is going to put a pretty hard cap on how good the experience will ever be. But maybe they’ll prove me wrong and say “yep we had to throw a massive amount of assets into the garbage but it was the right thing to do and we just hired 3 guys to remake every existing siege map”. I kinda doubt it though.

OMG MM! its Total war 3! But really its how it all comes together in the end… there is some epic campaign I think.

(to echo your point i havent been overly impressed by what I’ve seen so far – but I think its going to come together – like the rug ties up the room)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AchingTornHornedtoad-size_restricted.gif

LOL they tend to be the bloodiest battles, in fact, no matter how good any stack i have, the skaven always humble me. But I refuse to play them!

God i hate the skavens…

Grrrrrrrr

Kislev.

Lots of customizing with the basic units. I see sword/board, rifle/2hander, pistols etc. Very cool! Can’t wait to see Khorne!

Oh, shit that’s cool af.

Full sized art versions for those that want fancy phone wallpaper.

This is me too. I am getting a real strong 40k religious devotion against Chaos/ GoT wall in the north vibe of the forgotten to most yet ever vigilant last stand against the dark that threatens to eat the world on a daily basis. It appeals to me way more than the new world vibe of Warhammer II or even the Empire versus Vampires of Warhammer I.

Fun of them to include Rasputin. It seems kind of obvious in hindsight that they’d add him as he was basically already a Warhammer fantasy character in real life. Neat.

Looks cool! But the E and G in that typeface are really hard for me to distinguish at the speed they were wiping on and off in that video. CHARGG!

Almost assuredly Skarsbrand.

Spicy!

Did they announce a release date?

Edit: Flying Skarbrand? Literally unplayable.

Not exactly super exciting, but hopefully they’ll be better than Chaos Hounds since Khorne will need something fast to run crap down while they get into melee.

I am not super excited for this specifically … but a huge new map with a me campaign with the whole world? 1 2 and 3?

I dunno how theyll pull it off. But Im in.

Yeah, I’m a sucker for a giant map. Always have been.