Total War: Warhammer 3

Minor settlement battles seem on par with say Three Kingdoms.

Which I’m fine with. Most of them wont be slogs because most of them you’ll autoresolve because you’re just rolling over a weak garrison anyway, but at least if you have to fight them they’ll be somewhat interesting. The danger, of course, is that they’ll also be really common so if they ever do start to drag well that’s a lot of them to suffer through.

But 3K never really hit that point for me that I can recall. If anything it’s just putting the Warhammer games on the same footing as basically every other Total War game. Of course if the AI has issues with these things (and it might) it could be a huge problem.

• Flying units can be toggled to Ground Mode or Flight Mode.

• Braced Stance to take a charge.

• “Lazy” health bars show off how much burst damage was just taken by a unit in the last few seconds.

Handy for seeing details such as how much damage a spell or charge just did.

• Healing spells, such as Regeneration, are now calculated out as percentage rather than a flat value, opening up counters to healing such as fire damage.

• Speaking of spells, slow-motion casting option for spells - this option in the menu will allow the game to auto-slow down to half-speed when you select a spell that requires a target, giving you some breathing room without having to pause the action.

• Idle Unit toggle button let’s you skim the map looking for units without any current orders. Also handy, "Control + " will select all such units (not engaged) at once.
  • Readability improvements:
  • Improved Foliage Distance for better visibility on forested maps
  • New occlusion outlines give enemies a colored outline to make them easier to see when they are behind objects such as trees and buildings.

And more, which are detailed here:

Like the sound of those last couple. I hate fighting in trees.

CA does know what’s wrong with their game. It just takes… 5 years to fix.

So is this something I have to toggle before they take the charge or are they smart enough to do it on their own? I’m assuming it’s the former?

Looking closer at the video, I may have mis-interpreted the bullet point. It seems from context like Bracing stance has always been in the game - and yes, I believe it’s automatic when units that can brace are stationary and facing the direction the charge is coming from. But what the third game is adding is an icon to showcase the units that are braced!

Reading on Steam a bit, it sounds like you can also manually brace if you don’t want (or have time) to wait for your units to automatically do it naturally.

I know we’ve all gotten used to Warhammer just having lots of factions, but seven completely different factions at the launch of a new game is still kind of bonkers.

I have to say, the campaign maps visuals are incredible - they have a cleaner look/feel to them than past TW games and I really, really like how they look. I hope this is what the actual game campaign map looks like (just sans UI). I’m also really impressed with the 3D models that traverse the map, such as what I assume are heroes and lords.

Beautiful, but getting to the point where you need (well, I need) a plain 2D “planning map” version without all the clutter in order to figure out strategy stuff.

The big standout to me is how vastly improved the tree models on the campaign map seem to be. At least to my eyeballs.

One of the changes I’m most looking forward to is the REMOVE ALL TREES from battles option.

Some proper (and amazing) gameplay!

I’m sure my resolve won’t hold, but I’m planning to hold off on buying Total Warhammer 3 until I can upgrade my CPU and GPU. I figure by the time I can do that I’ll be able to get a great deal on all the DLC too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/s68qau/demon_prince_faction/

Auto translation: However, in the preview version, our editors did not play as Cathay at all. All the attention was drawn to the final faction of Warhammer III, which is led by the Demon Prince .

Before Ursun was captured by Be’lakor, a Kislevite noble attempted to kill the bear. After his death , the Godslayer turned into the form of the Demon Prince, who yearns to complete the unfinished business.

The Demon Prince is a great opportunity to have fun for those players who could not immediately choose an idol among the four Dark Gods. Basically, Godslayer is a template for RPG lovers.

How it works? Creative Assembly offers full customization of the character’s appearance - from the head and weapons to the tail and wings. The Demon Prince can be wielded with a hammer - or devoid of weapons altogether by equipping him with a giant claw. The Godslayer’s arsenal is constantly expanding with the gifts of Chaos, and various parts of the body can be combined into sets, making the faction leader even more powerful.

The player can serve exclusively Chaos Undivided - or choose one of the four Dark Lords: Tzeentch, Khorne, Nurgle or Slaanesh . To do this, it is necessary to dedicate cities to a specific God of Chaos and bring bloody sacrifices in his honor. In exchange for this, the player will receive specific “spare parts” faster, unlock specific units and buildings.

Wut?

I mean this is dope and weird, but it feels like Bela’kor would’ve been easier.

Guess we’ll find out when they officially reveal whatever this is.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

So this comes out in a month now?

Yeah, and on gamepass as well, of all things.

This is good because I’ll be able to install and attempt to play it only to find my system can’t handle it unless I upgrade my graphics card with $2000, a prayer, and a shit ton of luck/patience. But at least I won’t have to drop $60 on it via Steam to find out.