Total War: Warhammer 3

One of the worst kept secrets is now confirmed.

Hmm, I think the Russian localization has it like this:

Well that solves a mystery for me. I couldn’t figure out why the short Kislev Coop campaign was supposedly setup for three players.

Good - hopefully they can now lift the Kislev campaign embargo.

Oh, wow, they even made Corruption cool with Warhammer 3. Fuck this is going to be such a great game, even right at launch it looks like.

That is pretty cool. But I can’t really get over what a mismatch it is (to me, at least) to have the voiceover in the “I’m a badass with a really deep voice” tone, while saying things like, “In a nutshell, these changes mean that…”

I mean, that’s probably just the way that guy talks. Would you rather it was explained by comic book guy?

You know, I actually had a bit of that internal dialogue while I was watching it. I’ll buy that he just has a naturally deep and badass voice (that’s why they hired him) but I noticed that the emphasis and cadence with which he read each sentence still made me expect it to be “In a world where…” each time.

Feb. 17 can’t come fast enough.

So what legendary lord are you guys firing up on launch day?

I plan on a play-through with all 12 legendary lords, and since Kislev has 3 of their own I think I will start with one of those to achieve optimal staggering of race playthroughs.

Katerina seems to be the natural choice for first-time players, but I do really like the look of the orthodox high priest as well.

I’ve been staying away from almost all the previews, so I don’t even know what Legendary Lords we have to choose from LOL.

2 weeks!!!

Probably going to play Cathay for my first solo playthrough, I need to take a closer look at the two Legendary Lords to choose. I expect I’ll be playing Kislev coop with my usual coop partner, although he’s got a 1-year old now, so I’m not sure how much time he’s going to have now that he’s a family man.

I’m really psyched for the diplomacy changes that allow you to recruit units from allies. I don’t know if it has been implemented in one of the Total War games I haven’t played (Troy or Three Kingdoms) but it brings back that excitement I had recruiting mercenaries from the older titles (Rome 1 and Medieval 2).

That flexibility would just change how I play dramatically. Alliances would actually be something I’d engage in as opposed to avoid entirely for the whole dragging you into unnecessary wars thing. Creating vassals would be a thing I would actually want to do, since having access to critical troops might outweigh the advantages to fully conquering another faction.

I’m with @Scotch_Lufkin in that this looks like a great game right from launch.

I was watching a video by Heir of Carthage who said that Katerina is listed as the beginner LL to play, but in his experience, it was also the hardest campaign he played.

I’m not sure what I want to play as first. Maybe Chaos Undivided/Daemon Prince.

People made fun of “overly serious voice guy” and then they released Daniel the Demon with this dude narrating it. So at this point they’re all in on the meme.

Also a view of things to come:

No more opening a random slow webpage when you click on something for info?
Well past due. Now someone might actually use it.

I think Khorne is supposed to be OP

I sometimes feel bad for people who want to get good at multiplayer in this game, the number of matchups you need to learn is already titanic and it’s only going to get worse.

Seeing as Chaos Dwarves are going to fill up all the available space on that screen I hope they’ve planned ahead so we don’t have to scroll through like we’ve had to in game 2 when they inevitably add Nagash or Dogs of War or something crazy like Khuresh as the 25th faction.

What?

This is news to me. Was thinking of waiting a bit before wading into this, but that sounds like an awesome addition to the game. I might just have to reconsider… (ouch).

Is there an article or clip that goes through diplomacy changes? Any chance they’ve allowed trade of settlements, also? There is little that is more annoying than starting the conquest of a region, only to have an ally conquer the last settlement, leaving the entire region crippled.

Oh wow, about time! Very cool.