Total War: Warhammer 3

There is no way I’ll get through all the content in Warhammer 3 within a month. Not just allowing for the 8 factions I need to at least dip a toe into as well as an ongoing co-op campaign with @ShivaX but also there is a ton of other games coming out at the same time, from Elden Ring and Horizon Forbidden West to smaller titles I’m super excited for such as Triangle Strategy.

They can take their time as far as I’m concerned. :)

Kislev campaign looks really neat. I almost wrote “cool” but no puns intended.

So all the old factions will not be in the game as playable races? Even on the mortal empires map? The only thing we will be able to play are the new announced races?

They’ll be available on Mortal Empires when that becomes available, but that will be some time after launch.

Thanks for the heads up on the Fanatical deal! I guess $13 was my tipping point but I knew TW:W3 was going to be an eventual buy.

OK maybe Nurgle for first game.

Watching some of the videos and streams I could tell there was some really nice updates to the new game’s UI but I couldn’t fully put my finger on what I was enjoying or what was improved. This video helped me out and was also, at the same time, a wealth of information on what’s new and great about the updated UI.

One of the worst kept secrets is now confirmed.

Hmm, I think the Russian localization has it like this:

Well that solves a mystery for me. I couldn’t figure out why the short Kislev Coop campaign was supposedly setup for three players.

Good - hopefully they can now lift the Kislev campaign embargo.

Oh, wow, they even made Corruption cool with Warhammer 3. Fuck this is going to be such a great game, even right at launch it looks like.

That is pretty cool. But I can’t really get over what a mismatch it is (to me, at least) to have the voiceover in the “I’m a badass with a really deep voice” tone, while saying things like, “In a nutshell, these changes mean that…”

I mean, that’s probably just the way that guy talks. Would you rather it was explained by comic book guy?

You know, I actually had a bit of that internal dialogue while I was watching it. I’ll buy that he just has a naturally deep and badass voice (that’s why they hired him) but I noticed that the emphasis and cadence with which he read each sentence still made me expect it to be “In a world where…” each time.

Feb. 17 can’t come fast enough.

So what legendary lord are you guys firing up on launch day?

I plan on a play-through with all 12 legendary lords, and since Kislev has 3 of their own I think I will start with one of those to achieve optimal staggering of race playthroughs.

Katerina seems to be the natural choice for first-time players, but I do really like the look of the orthodox high priest as well.

I’ve been staying away from almost all the previews, so I don’t even know what Legendary Lords we have to choose from LOL.

2 weeks!!!

Probably going to play Cathay for my first solo playthrough, I need to take a closer look at the two Legendary Lords to choose. I expect I’ll be playing Kislev coop with my usual coop partner, although he’s got a 1-year old now, so I’m not sure how much time he’s going to have now that he’s a family man.