Total War: Warhammer 3

My impression matches @Scotch_Lufkin’s. I know there are regular multi-player tournaments and I have watched the official ones a fair number of times.

One thing about TW WH3 though is, at least at launch, I don’t think multiplayer supported WH1 and HW2 races. I don’t know if that got re-patched in, but my recollection was when WH3 launched you could only play WH3 races in multiplayer. I can imagine that would be somewhat limiting and that the multiplayer community might return to WH2 with the larger pool of races available.

What an absolutely useless trailer.

What were you expecting from it?

I thought it was serviceable.

A look at the map?

That’s actually a good point. Conceded. :)

They’re saving that for the ‘First Look’ Teaser Trailer, this one is pure tease.

Eh, the map has already leaked. Give us the release date.

I think the only reason they released anything at all is there’s a general Warhammer gaming event, and they wanted to make sure people watching the event, who might not be as conversant in the state of TWWH3 as we all are, knew about Total War Warhammer and that Creative Assembly was still creating content for TWWH3. It is completely unrelated to their current stage of development on Immortal Empires.

• Access all 86 Legendary Lords from all three Total War: WARHAMMER titles.
  • Be’Lakor is now a Legendary Lord with his own faction.
  • Dedicated factions for a number of the older Legendary Lords, including: Grombrindal , Helman Ghorst , and Volkmar the Grim.
  • New starting locations for 29 of the older Legendary Lords.
  • Improved personal faction mechanics for a selection of the older Legendary Lords (such as Volkmar the Grim).
  • A new ‘ Sea Lanes ’ feature, which allow you to move armies between distant lands and continents—from one side of the map to the other—without leapfrogging them all the way across the map.
  • New dynamic end-game scenarios: randomised mid- to late-game challenges we’re introducing to challenge the late-game steamroll—where the player is so powerful that there’s little-to-no challenge left and less of a reason to complete the campaign. Think Greenskin invasions or resurgences of the undead, as a few examples…
  • Revamped victory conditions. Most players don’t end up finishing campaigns, and we want to give them better reasons—and a greater level of satisfaction—for doing so. As such, we’ve simplified the victory requirements into more meaningful objectives while avoiding any arbitrary playstyle requirements.
  • Corruption rework. Players will have new tools for spreading (or reducing) corruption through more active usage of their armies. Small amounts of natural reduction will also be available to uncorrupted factions.
  • 8-player multiplayer campaigns. And as a bonus, only the host of an Immortal Empires multiplayer campaign needs to own all three games. Friends who only own WARHAMMER III will still be able to join the campaign, though their Legendary Lord choices will (naturally) be limited to the ones they own.

So, what will Immortal Empires be like come August?

At present, our aim is for the mode to be fully “content-complete” in terms of the available Races, factions, Legendary Lords, units, and geography, as well as all the extra features and improvements noted in the “What’s New” section, above. You’ll be able to start a full sandbox campaign to play and conquer however you wish, use any Legendary Lord accessible (based on your game ownership) from any of the three games, or experiment with the older Legendary Lords benefiting from their revamp ( especially Ghorst, ho ho ).

When the Chaos invasion happens right, it’s really great. I hope they can make these other end-game scenarios work out well, because that would be fantastic.

Yeah, I meant to mention this but it’s probably my favorite new feature, and I hope they can really take it places as the campaign mode evolves as well. I like painting the map with @ShivaX , don’t get me wrong, but it would be really fun to have random events mix things up on us and really keep us on our toes from game to game. I’m a fan of the revamped victory conditions as well, at least in theory, for much the same reason. Dynamic sandbox campaign is exciting af.

Agreed, really exciting if they can pull it off well! Love the new changes and features they are including instead of just adding new races to a larger map. If I recall correctly, Chaos Warriors changes will also be released with Immortal Empires so that would make sense with the release of Belakor and his own faction!

This is the big one - being able to jump from Lustria to Cathay or even Ulthuan to the Dark Lands is huge!

This sounds great!

Can’t wait for Total War: Warhammer 3 to come out, the hype is real.

I also see you, and while I won’t defend the campaign, I have to admit the sour word of mouth prevented me from really experiencing it (or enjoying the game itself) at release. Well, Elden Ring went a long way towards me uninstalling it prematurely as well. I think at some point, however, I will give it a real go now we’ve gotten a patch or two under our belt - certainly before August. I did enjoy what time I had with it, and should probably not have let others sway me from the fun I was actually having. That’s on me, though.

I agree 100%. I thought it was pretty good for the first two times I played the campaign, but the thought of going back for a third just exhausted me. Sometimes games aren’t meant to be replayed to death I suppose. By the time I was done with Elden Ring I had completely forgotten about Warhammer 3.

Despite my snark above, immortal empires does genuinely sound great.

I just want to be able to get credit for having one and two, even if I have the from a different vendor/service.

How they fix sieges is the big one. Offensive sieges suck, and they made it more annoying for the player.