Total War: Warhammer 3

goody goody goody. Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!

“Queek, I have good news and bad news.”
“Go on tell-tell me the news.”
“Well the good news is that you aren’t right next to Thorek and Kroq-gar anymore.”
“This is good-good!”
“Yeah, well about the bad news…”

Grimgor goes home to the Dark Lands, sort of. Skarsnik takes Gunbad.

Apparently Greasus wanted to see the world and Skrag is holding down the homeland. Which makes sense since that’s where his Maw God is.

Still Ikit having to contend with Ogres makes things interesting.

Is the beta for this coming in August?

Ohhhh dang. Might have to re-align my expectation meter.

I believe the Q3 estimate was in their “Roadmap” post from back in April. They now say they are shooting for a “Beta” in August. It’s expected to remain in Beta for quite some time.

You can read more about it (like what they mean by “beta”) in this article (which was previously posted upthread).

Those are some big changes, but its clear the map is still far from complete. No vampire coast, Dark elves, and Tomb Lords to name a few missing things.

They’ve just announced where the VC are. And Tomb Kings were announced a few days earlier

They’re trickling out start location information on a daily basis.

I believe they are still revealing start positions. EDIT: What @strato said!

Heck with the piddly Tomb Kings, that bunch of semi-dead walking gauze piles. The kings you need are these:

Malekith might be boned.

Alith Anar and the White Dwarf directly in his shit is gonna be rough, especially for the AI.

Edit: Also someone mentioned there is “another annoucement” related to IE coming today. People are hoping it’s Chaos Dwarfs, but it could be literally anything.

To be fair something to slow up the dark elf AI compared to ME is probably a good thing, especially with a weaker Ulthuan.

Doubtless we will be in for 12+ months of tweaking whatever

Malekith wasn’t usually too huge of an issue especially after he got Chaos Invasions, which often kneecapped him pretty hard. It was Morathi if she didn’t die immediately. She’d just conquer Ulthuan and confederate Malekith and be a massive juggernaut.

I don’t think Ulthuan will be significantly weaker myself. I think N’Kari will be lucky to survive past turn 40. Autoresolve hates Slaanesh and he’ll just probably lead to Ulthuan solidifying earlier if anything as they all end up with a common enemy. Now if he can somehow make nice some of the factions it could work, but it would almost take CA forcing that (like giving multiple HE minors positive relations with them, which is very unlikely). Slaanesh’s mechanics should, on paper, allow for this and maybe it will work out without Skarbrand showing up to drop elbows on everything pink by turn 20.

Time will tell. The donut has always been swingy. Either the HEs unite and crush everything or the DEs crush everything. I think Alith Anar and the White Dwarf will make Malekith mostly a non-factor, so it comes down to how Morathi plays out (or if she’s even anywhere near where she normally is). There is a big empty spot where she lurks, so I suspect she hasn’t been moved, but the moved all the Chaos Gods out of the Chaos Wastes so what the hell do I know?

Edit: Or maybe Hellebron will be reworked to not be terrible and lose to her minors before getting confederated by turn 40 and Malekith will have an ally actually worth a damn to help push stuff back.

My experience of multiple games on the other side of the world was that Malekith and Morathi frequently ended up ranked 2 and 1, respectively. You might be right that the changes will help Ulthuan unite.

Does the dwarf language have any letters other than K, Z, R, and A?

Carving circles in stone is quite hard: O

XMdQK0w

Tzeentch Knights look dope.
Chaos Ponies are a thing of the past.