Total War: Warhammer 3

Do any of those issues affect non IE campaigns?

When you say “non IE campaigns” my immediate reaction

In other words: I’ve played the tutorial and IE, but not the actual WH3 campaign - however I think it is for all campaigns as per the patch blurb.

Hah! Hopefully that’s general aggression, not solely aggression towards the player. I honestly have no idea how they could turn that dial up any further. :)

Apparently on legendary they are very passive

How weird! I wonder why that is? Did some algorithm get reversed or something? :)

Not sure if this was mentioned here, but a big problem was the AI build order. It was doing something that barred it from making stronger units which then changed its calculated ability to go on the offensive.

I may never play another Lord again after trying Nakai the Wanderer. /swoon

What?? Nakai is playable? It was regarded as the worst campaign in Warhammer 2.

Well I am really enjoying my time with him, but I am admittedly a weirdo so YMMV. :) Lizardmen are my favorite and being a horde with a unique tech tree and mechanic is pretty cool to me.

Mind, I’m not terribly far in to the campaign. We’ll see if my enthusiasm still holds in another 50 turns, haha!

I’m back to the Rift Campaign trying to get the Nurgle Very Hard achievement. What a mess. It was going alright until All off Cathay decided to attack. They wander through 10 provinces to get to me, ignoring anything in their path. I am fighting off 2-3 Armies every 2 turns.

My plan is to level up my Heroes (can only afford two armies), slowly build up income, Until I have enough for a 3rd army.

However there are two issues that make me think I am in a death spiral. 1) I am sure any turn now Kislev will ignore everyone else and attack. 2) Miao Ying is unstoppable in a battle. I can only defeat her with auto resolve and a throw away army to up the auto resolve odds. I caught her in an ambush once, wiped out the majority of her units in the first few minutes of battle and then watched the rest of my troops die to a one lord doom stack.

Sigh.

Well, 100 turns into Immortal Empires and I’m still enjoying him. Don’t know if that means they made some changes (I start in Cathay, so imagine there had to be some changes for IE) or if I’m just weird. Maybe both, of course!

If anyone has been waiting for a sale. ~12 hours left as of my posting this. Warhammer 1 is 75% off and Warhammer 2 is 66% off. DLCs are all on sale.

If you are at all interested in playing Warhammer 3 I’d definitely recommend getting all of the WH2 DLC; they add a lot of options for the Immortal Empires campaign. And yeah, on sale is the only way to go. That’s how I got mine when WH2 was still the thing.

You’re welcome for the sale, guys. As usual, I had just purchased a bunch of DLC which is the internationally recognized signal to launch a sale for others. Enjoy! ;)

Heh, I feel that. I just pre-bought 500 gallons of heating oil at $4.59/gal. Which means OPEC will turn on the spigots and the price will fall to like three buck a gallon soon.

Patch 2.2 is out:

Total War: WARHAMMER III - Update 2.2.0 - Total War

Greetings, WARHAMMER fans! We hope you’re sitting comfortably, because Update 2.2 is here and it is, in technical parlance, a ‘whopper’!

It’s been a little over a month since our last big patch in the shape of Update 2.1, which served to fix some of the problems flagged up before our huge 2.0 release. But now we’re ploughing full speed ahead into the feedback we received after the launch of 2.0 and Immortal Empires, and this chunky ol’ update is the result!

Here are some of the highlights:

• Changes to settlements and garrisons to reduce the frequency of settlement battles.
  • Additional flavour for some of the special settlement garrisons—including Karak 8 Peaks, Black Pyramid, Skavenblight and more—by allowing them to use additional units.
  • A character experience rebalance, reducing the importance of victory types and focusing on enemy unit destruction.
  • Tweaks to the victory objectives of several legendary lords, including those of the Lizardmen, High Elves and Empire.
  • A game mode split option has been added to ranked multiplayer, letting you join separate queues and giving you greater control of your online experience.
  • Adjustments to AI aggression, strategy and overall game difficulty.
  • Plus, monsters are invading the old world in the form of Regiments of Renown III, and a new endgame crisis brings ruin-death to all! Yes-yes…

As always, now that Update 2.2 is in your hands, we’ll be keeping a close eye on all your feedback as our thoughts turn to 2.3, so please make your voices heard on our official channels:

Oh, I hope this works out. Having swarms of mosquitos around my armies is just so annoying from a UI / UX perspective. Sometimes I have so many heroes following me around it gets difficult to select my own army or hero in addition to sheer amount of visual clutter.

And this is slated for the following patch, 2.3. Also a major annoyance of mine.

I’m sorry, but a greenskin charging across the battlefield isn’t going to know the precise moment that a mortar or catapult fired, know the intended target of that projectile, and be able to perform the mental calculations of velocity, trajectory, etc. to sidestep exactly as needed to avoid it. It looks and feels incredibly stupid, IMO. Glad they’re looking to tweak it.

Minor settlement battles only happen if the minor city has a garrison building (tier 2 or 3 wall). Otherwise it will be a normal land battle.

Maybe the game is playable again.

Did you really feel this issue made the game un-playable? I agree it was annoying, but autoresolve would generally give decent results and was a way to avoid tediously playing them out. I’m surprised to see anyone saying that excessive minor settlement battles made the game un-playable. Were you playing on a high difficulty where the autoresolve was giving unfavorable results?

So yes, I end up autoresolving, if the casualties are not too bad. But then am I actually playing? Once I get to the point in the campaign where I autoresolve 90% of battles I just start a new campaign anyway.