Total War: Warhammer 3

There’s a mod out there that does it already, I’ve been using that.

You are playing the 10% of battles that are interesting and still working the strategic layer? I guess if the battles are most of the appeal of the game for you then I can see your point that having the choice between play tedious/repetitive battles and skip battles is a bad choice with no good outcomes. I personally like the battles but I always autoresolve 80% of them in any given campaign.

I wasn’t trying to criticize your playstyle or what you enjoy about the game, I was just not understanding where you were coming from.

In the latest patch they made a change so Lord EXP gain was more tied to kill counts rather than victory type. I’m thinking it may have had some unintended effects for Carstein (or whatever the Vampire Count of Sylvania is) as I’m seeing him running around at L18 by turn 15 or so, and this is on Normal. He has Lightning Strike maxed out and a bunch of other upgrades that make it extremely difficult to deal with when running around with a L5 Lord and a starting army.

Carstein is probably not the only one, but I had been playing a Balthasar Gelt campaign just before and just after the patch and the difference was stark.

Considering most AI’s were lucky to hit level 15 by turn 100 in my experience, it’s a good change.

Also:

Or if you prefer watching to reading:

Was really hoping to see some player bias tweaks since it’s on their known issues list, but the artillery dodging bullshit is a nice change. I really can’t express how fucking stupid it looked to fire a mortar and have a bunch of charging savage orcs immediately run trajectory, wind, and velocity calculations to figure out exactly how to stutter-step entire regiments to dodge the barrage.

Not to get into realism in a game with orcs and dragons and crap, but when hearing a mortar fire, an enemy regiment wouldn’t have any idea where it was aimed at until the shell started getting closer. Really good example of “good AI” vs “fun AI” and how they are not always one and the same.

Is this about the AI focusing on the human too much? Is there a mod to use that helps this in the meantime?

Yes. Right now, you’ll see the AI do things like march through 3-4 different territories of people they’re at war with bypassing lightly defending settlements to come attack one of yours. It’s a little silly and – at least from what I can see – detrimental to the AI’s performance. They would be better off attacking those lightly defending settlements closer to home.

There is a mod that reduces it but it includes other changes that generally make the game easier, so may want to bump the difficulty up if it’s too easy with it on.

Arghh, I hate that kind of thing. I always love to see AI fight AI in my games while I sit on the sidelines to see how they react.

Have to agree with the point made here; Immortal Empires should absolutely be available with just Warhammer 3.

Change.org petition: Petition · Make Immortal Empires available to everyone that owns Warhammer 3 · Change.org

I’m sure it will happen some day, but certainly not while it’s still in beta.

Next DLC in April, then one in the summer and one in the winter.

Or for those that prefer a video version:

The content creator Legend of TotalWar (youtube) has been talking for awhile about how, in general, Creative Assembly is quick to abandon their games and move on to the next one. Like the Netflix of gaming.
A commitment to at least a couple of DLCs is good news for Warhammer 3 enjoyers like myself.

Now if they will just release achievemnts for Immortal Empires :)

Somewhat true, but they also didn’t have a blockbuster franchise before now. They were pretty niche. Most titles would get maybe a couple of major DLCs and then they’d be done. Warhammer’s scope gives them a license to print money trying to implement all of it.

Also that explains the ten thousand posts everywhere about how CA is abandoning Warhammer 3 that I’ve had to endure for nearly a year. I don’t dislike Legend, but I do dislike nearly all his dedicated fans. They treat him like he’s an oracle when he’s mostly a dude that’s good at cheesing the AI.

Amen to this. As silly as it is, it’s fun to get achievements for seeing a campaign to it’s end.

Agreed. I am in no way a Rabid Legend fan and I love the game so I do not listen to all the noise he generates. But I am worried about DLC.

That said, I have played only about half the DLC I already bought so I really should not care anyway.

I re-installed Warhammer 3 recently to play some factions that I hadn’t tried in Immortal Empires. That didn’t last long, I lost interest, and uninstalled it again. I really feel like the new factions in Warhammer 3 just . . . mostly aren’t good. The strategy game layer is distinctly less fun to play than in previous installments of the series for most of the factions. I don’t particularly care for juggling Ogre food mechanics, all the demon factions have screwy (and mostly bad) economies, and they simplified away some of the fun stuff with other factions like Dark Elves.

I think CA screwed the pooch a bit with this one, it’s a solid game but disappointing compared to its own predecessors.

Yeah, but on the plus side they added even more settlement siege battles with Warhammer 3, which is what the community was really clamoring for! ;)

Does Immortal Empires in 3 have you dealing with the demon portals like the original campaign?

if anything, we could say they have been updating the same game (TW) for many years, it’s just that the updates are full paid games :P