Total War: Warhammer 3

Yeah I vaguely remember that. Vortex was fun enough for a bit though.

Sounds like not at release then. If that is indeed the case, more reason to hold out :).

You only get Warhammer 3 at launch if you are a big fan of the franchise and are excited for new content and to see what has been changed/improved over the previous generation (for example, I loved the changes to the map, the changes to heroes, improvements to skill trees, all that stuff, and once War2 was out playing Warhammer 1 felt old and busted). If you are content to keep playing Warhammer 2 - absolutely nothing wrong with that - then waiting to dip a toe into Warhammer 3 makes perfect sense.

And I think that worked well enough. Here, play our very specific campaign content for the game you just bought while we work on the thing you can play forever that ties to all your content from the other game.

No argument from me.

The fact that I am asking questions is a very strong indicator of interest :).

I am a fan, but perhaps not to the extent where I could tell you what has been updated and changed over the evolution of the game, other than some reworking of Orks in the south afaik.

You know, it is a pipe dream, but I do believe it would be possible to take the skeletal structure of a total war game (i.e. turn based strategic map with tactical combat) and rework it with an entirely different fantasy world, and then add the ability to have multiple people play the same map, and also have different maps and, if doable, a random map generator too.

As a thought experiment, imagine the above with the world of Dominions (different “Gods” and vastly different races) or even Age of Wonders (imho a more mature, more interesting take on Tolkienesque fantasy than Warhammer.)

If Dominions had playable real time battles with the production values of Total War I’d probably have thousands of hours in it. It’s the dream.

Edit: And a bunch of quality of life improvements, obviously.

[I know just the person to make it happen, someone with a proven track record of getting things done, and managing time and money very well.]

Link is broken af, lol.

I thought it was intentionally blank by way of saying no one.

I thought it was the contact information for Chris Roberts.

I thought that at first as well, but he put so many details into the person he had in mind I assumed it had to be a real person.

The description was detailed enough that Chris Roberts is the only possible fit, as Intuitionist properly intuited.

fixed.

I liked it better broken.

Much funnier! :)

Yes.

No.

In theory not holding out will save you money. Presumably whatever the pre-order Race Pack is, they’ll sell later, so pre-ordering will save you roughly $10 if you were going to get it anyway (unless you’re holding out till the main game goes on sale, which will probably be a year or more, in which case, sure you’ll probably save a few bucks, assuming a 25% sale the first time it happens).

I played Troy a bit … not terrible.

So as a Total War hat since Rome 1 I played a ton of medieval 2 mods --two of which were 3rd age and (before the trademarks) Call of Warhammer.

I think total war is well suited for warhammer (obviously from my postings) but I understand your thinking.

A small tip: If you havent (and i guess you have) play a Vortex campaign in War2… it’s very tight and it was what turned me on Warhammer. (The first game was a dud to me too)

A screenshot has escaped into the wild (well supposedly, one can never tell, but it seems plausible):

Theory is that it’s either a quest battle or horde mode that allows constructing things, which might be a hint of something that might happen in seiges ala older titles (iirc Rome 2 and Atilla allowed building defenses before a battle).

I want to believe.

ditto.

I mean, it makes sense.

I am having flashbacks of cheesing Rome (1 and/or 2?) battles by building barricades and funnelling the enemy into the gates.

Total War: Attila was great for that kind of stuff. Settlement siege defenses had all sorts of barricades and defensive emplacements you could construct and place to block off approach avenues and funnel enemy forces into a desired path or chokepoint.