Total War: WARHAMMER

okay, In my opinion…

The single biggest issue of ALL previous Total wars are siege and siege mechanics, it just haven’t worked, except in Shogun 2 where by luck it seems they figured it was easier to have the men climb the walls, and as such the AI could actually fight a siege…

However in Rome 2 , they went back to siege, but reduced it so that not every settlement was a siege…unlike say Medieval version where EVERY fight was a siege and they didn’t work, and they had HUGE issues with slowdown.

In my opinion, that makes M;TW2 and TW Empire etc, utterly pointless to play unless you like laggy sieges.

Luckily, in Warhammer they got rid of the stupid fights, even in Attila and Rome, the small settlements where such a roadblock to the AI, it was honestly UTTERLY incapable of fighting those battles…

Case in point, on very hard, I could hold a Northern English city almost forever because the angle of attacks was so small, that a single unit in Tetsudo could block the entire army forever…and you just waited for the towers to stick an arrow in EVERY single guy…

Those battles took forever, but you won.

They need to make Medieval 3 with Warhammer mechanics of battle, and all might be just peachy again…however until then, only self-punishing people would ever want to play Medieval TW 2…or those with 2 computers who can play a sidegame while waiting for a siege to run its course, or just the end turn button to finish…