Total War: WARHAMMER

Everyone gets Beastmen added to their game for free - as an enemy, anyway.

New DLC coming on September 1st:

Two new Legendary Lords (with new quest chains, magic items and skill trees), two new additional Lord types, five all-new battlefield units plus variants, five new battlefields for custom battles and multiplayer battles, and 18 elite Regiments of Renown. All that for US$ 8 (with a 10% discount for preorder).

Oops, they forget to add the Skaven. Again.

-Tom

Remember, the plan for Total War: Warhammer is that it will be 3 stand alone games that can be combined to enlarge the map. It is a milkfest trilogy. Given that, speculation has Skaven as VERY unlikely to be DLC in this release and much more likely to be a core faction of the next stand alone release/ map. When that is…? Who knows. Annual release for stand alones with lords, minor faction, and campaign DLC between?

Instant pre-order. I’m a whore, I know. But having played the actual table top game, these expansions are a f’ing no brainer IMO - Cheap as dirt compared to the mini’s and I don’t have to paint them ;)

Also… Vlad for free content. Because Vlad.

Yeah, that’s not a bad price at all. More content than I expected in these lord packs (it could be much worse). The extra units and the many units of renow do seem like they might open the game (well, for empire and VC, really) to new tactical possibilities at low tech levels.

I don’t know if I’d [quote=“Juan_Raigada, post:907, topic:76263, full:true”]
Yeah, that’s not a bad price at all. More content than I expected in these lord packs (it could be much worse). The extra units and the many units of renow do seem like they might open the game (well, for empire and VC, really) to new tactical possibilities at low tech levels.
[/quote]

I don’t know if I’d go “not a bad price at all.”

We’re at roughly what, $90 for the base game and all DLC to date? This early on?

I’m wondering if this will be about $500 to get everything once they’ve come out with all three games in the “trilogy” plus all of the separate DLC.

I guess it’s the natural evolution of DLC and individual transactions - someone (other than Paradox) was going to be smart enough to see just how much they can milk out of a consumer for a single game.

I mean, this is nothing new for TW games at all, and given how these games are normally priced, and how milkable this franchise is, I’m actually surprised they are keeping things sensible enough.

Rome 2 DLCs had similar pricepoints and they added significantly less variety to the game than these ones. Part of that is certainly because you can’t have such distint units in a historical game, so the DLC in previous TW felt more samey and less worth it for the same amount of money as this one.

So yeah, compared to how the series is normally priced (and to what I was expecting to have to pay to get in without waiting for sales), I would say this is not a bad price at all.

But I buy a lot of Matrix games, so probably my price sensitivity is schewed.

Seems great to pick up in a year or two on a Steam sale.

If they do, it would still be about 1/3 the cost of fielding a modest tabletop army of GW figs!

AH third? A THIRD??? You’re about 10% if you ask me, and that’s just ONE army.

And like 1/4 of the cost of a set of golf clubs, and only 1/40 the cost of a nice car!

And only 125x the cost of your $4 venti latte!

Seriously though. I have had the hardest time getting into this game…mostly because I really am bad at the tactical combat. I plan on mustering the will to do some serious youtube research and practice and then give it another go.

I highly recommend these:

Start at the beginning and pick your way through them. They not only made me much better at the tactical combat, but they also gave me a appreciation for all the subtleties that are in the game as well.

Wow Thanks! I will definitely check them out. Looks like exactly what I need.

Check out Heir of Carthage on Youtube as well. He does tons of online battles and combat tests and you can pick up a lot of things.

Another vote for Heir of Carthage plus mentioning Maximus Decimus Meridius and Pixelated Apollo.

It might be no surprise to anyone for me to say – why not wait until its done --and THEN play the damn game. That is a lotta addons – and a lotta “big map features” – you think after playing the small featured a bajillion times you’ll wanna come back? yet --Wouldn’t all the “big” features make the game better? sigh. Why not wait till all the BIG expansions are in --THEN play the finished game?

Before I am pilloried yet again --consider. And yes I have Warhammer.

Repeating a point ad nauseam doesn’t make it any more true or correct.