Total War: WARHAMMER

Oh my god, this was so helpful for a Total War noob like me. There’s a lot in the game that I think it just assumes you know, which is understandable given how long the franchise has been around. Thank you!

I just got the game via the Humble Bundle, so thanks for this.

Quick question:

When you build one of those specialty military support buildings (eg, the artillery one in Gunbad), you also have to build the building that actually allows construction of the units. Does the military building have to be built in the same city as the support building, or just in the same region/province (I get the terms confused)?

Thanks,
Ike

Just in the same province.

Here comes Bretonnia.

Those fucks.

Same day as Torment and Horizon: Zero Dawn. Goddammit!

The game is this months prime game for the monthly Humble subscription.

Yeah, I watched a half-dozen of the videos and they served as very nice primers.

Is it a good price for the Humble Monthly thing?

$12 for just this game is great. Even if it didn’t come with anything else for the month, that’s far and away the lowest price Total War: Warhammer has hit. I doubt it will go that low again until at least the Steam December sale, and possibly not even then.

If those games appeal to you at all, and your PC can run it well, I recommend it without reservation.

I’m® up® to® this step now:

First Month’s Subscription: $12.00
(Includes Total War™: WARHAMMER®)

Recurring Payment

After your initial payment of $12.00, you won’t be charged again until your plan renews on March 31st, 2017 when you will be charged $12.

That isn’t 1 month but almost two. Guess I should take a “picture” and continue, or they have put the next date for the 31st so it gives people a chance to forget and keep the subscription going :)

Cheers.

(Seems like you’re limited to 4 x (R) + 1 x ™ in a post…)

Looks like if you do a gift purchase its not recurring, so that’s the way I’m going

It’s $12 per month, however when you first sign up you pay for the upcoming bundle right away (today, for instance). Assuming you don’t cancel, on 3/31 your account will be charged for the April bundle. Oddly, my next billing date is on 2/24 (I’ve had an ongoing enrollment for some time). Not sure why yours would be at the end of the month while mine is shortly before that, but whatevs.

edit - just to clarify, you can cancel the subscription and sign back up for it on a whim.

Thanks! i’ve been waiting to get this game for a while but i couldn’t resist this deal.

That screenshot they made is quite beautiful.

Something that bugs me a little, well, not so little, is that I can’t help but think of the base game as unfinished. Might be unfair of me, but instead of thinking of DLC as stuff to add to an already finished game, in this case I think of it as stuff that was kept back from the game, this is coming from people saying the expansions change stuff as basic as how safe a Faction is at the start (more or less enemies, depending on installed DLC), etc

All NPC factions are added to the game, whether you purchase the DLC or not.

Ah, cool, thanks. Time to install then… :D