Total War: WARHAMMER

Is there a color blind mode or mod for this game? I bought the game a couple of days ago and when I tried to play it tonight I had a real hard telling my troops from the enemies (dwarves vs greenskins). If I can’t see a difference between armies or even see the armies because of the use of similar color schemes I will be unable to play this game.

Not that I can find, which is odd since most mods seem to be about changing the colors of things.

Alliance Coloring in I think game settings works for some people, but depending on the nature of your color blindness it may not do anything for you.

There is a “highlight units” buttons, that highlights all your own units with red , even through vegetation and the like.
I can’t remember which button that is, but it IS there, somewhere. Hope that helps!

I think this actually made me less excited. It might be the weakest intro thing they’ve done.

Also I’m insanely annoyed that damsels still look like old women. I’m sure there is a mod for it, but… it’s just weird.

Oh I liked it, can’t wait for this.

I liked it. While i agree that it was probably the weakest of the faction trailers i’ve seen, i think that speaks more for their quality overall than how bad this one was. This one was merely above average i felt, while the rest were basically all good.

I’ve been enjoying this game and am looking forward to Brettonia in a few days, but can I just say that Total War: Warhammer 40k really, really, needs to happen?

Sounds cool, but I’m not sure how you’d even handle it.

The Imperium of Man alone is millions of systems. I guess you could do a Dawn of War thing and just have everyone on a single planet for no good reason or something, but that always feels weird imo.

Just started this up (thanks Humble!) and woah - there seems to be a lot of game here. This is my first real attempt at digging into a Total War game, not being that great of a strategic mind.

Of course, Humble over time has also granted me a ton of other Total War games (Rome, MW2, Shogun2:FoTS, Atilla) which I’ve failed pursue earlier. Assuming I get hooked, will I be able to go back to any of those, or will TW:W spoil me for anything older?

Different people will have different answers to this. I’d say it depends upon your interests. Mechanically speaking, I think TW: Warhammer is superb and outshines the others (it’s also great fun). However, each offering carries unique gameplay along with a focus on a certain genre. To be fair, I still prefer the boardgame-style map management of the originals.

Dan,

I certainly wouldn’t say Warhammer outshines the others, in fact I’d say it’s 2nd tier among all the TW works CA has done. Mind you it’s some good fun, and everyone is of course free to form their own opinions about where all the TW’s rank, point in fact TW forums feature this as as a never ending thread arguing this very point as if you could convince anyone of something that’s subjective and purely a matter of each players tastes.

Daagar,

If you gave it a real go with previous titles not sure if clicking with warhammer will change your mind or not, love to hear the results if you do revisit S2/ROTS/FOTS or Attila. I certainly couldn’t see playing Warhammer spoiling playing Attila or Shogun 2.

Never gave it a real go before, so this is my ‘first’ TW. Overwhelming right now, but very encouraging to hear that it doesn’t make previous games irrelevant!

I’m assuming you read my first sentence? As an aside, Warhammer isn’t my favorite, but it’s always in my rotation. I just happen to think it’s the most robust and technically sound. Zero crashes in many hours of playing time. I can’t say that for the others.

And fwiw, I’d venture into TW forums for advice on which of these games is best about as often as I’d go to RPG Codex to figure out which CRPG should be next on my list. It’s not that the information is bad, it’s just SO opinionated.

My advice would be to not look to others to form your tastes, does that mean we’re agreed?

Well, if Warhammer takes I’d certainly suggest taking a 2nd look at Shogun 2.

For me Warhammer easily outshines all other TW games. I don’t really know why I bounced off every single previous iteration of the franchise, but for some reason Warhammer just really clicked with me, and even going back with my new found skills I just can’t enjoy the older games as much as I enjoy this.

It’s the same for me. I finally got into Total War with Warhammer and thought I could go back and play the others, but so far that hasn’t been the case. I’m bouncing off Atilla just like I did the other games.

I played Total War: Third Age mod for about 560 hours, which is almost 7 times more than time I spent in the base Medieval 2: Total War game. Check Youtube let’s play videos, see what can tickle your fancy.

Yep!

I also share in a similar ratio - if one’s brand of fantasy leans more Tolkien, Third Age is just fantastic.

You know… someone pointed this out before in a TW thread, and I pretty much ignored it at the time because in checking my steam library, I only had M2TW listed (from a humble deal) and the mod needs the Kingdoms expansion. Went to peek at the price today only to realize that Kingdoms is not a separate item in Steam anymore and they combined it with the main game so I do indeed already have it. Sheesh, not enough hours in a day.