Total War: WARHAMMER

No Dragon will be left behind!

So, I’ve had this in my backlog for quite a while now. I’ve been waiting to play it hoping that they would eventually drop the Denuvo DRM. I went over to the Steam forums to ask if it was ever dropped but it seems only moderators can post new threads there (that seems really strange).

In any case, does anyone know if they’ve dropped Denuvo yet or if they’re they still using it?

No idea (Denuvo doesn’t bother me) but were you in the right forum?

No, I wasn’t. A rookie mistake. Thanks.

LOL no worries, the reason I suspect as much is I did the very same thing a few months back. :)

The last I heard they still are and I wouldn’t expect them to ever dump it, especially with how 1 & 2 will be linking. I’ve never had any technical issues with Denuvo, fwiw.

[quote=“Dan_Theman, post:1347, topic:76263”]
I’ve never had any technical issues with Denuvo, fwiw.
[/quote]I’m not so much concerned with Denuvo being installed ON my system as I am about getting it OFF my system when I’m done playing the game. Does anyone know if it completely uninstalls when you uninstall a Denuvo game or is there some kind of process you have to go through to get rid of it? You can get rid of it again once it’s installed, right? I remember that was a feature of some past DRM schemes, they were very hard to get rid of once installed. I hate stuff like that on my system I can’t control.

As far as I know it does uninstall properly unlike Starforce.

Denuvo uninstalls when you uninstall the game. However, it does leave behind an inert key file for some games. It’s not a driver or executable.

Thanks, folks, I can live with that.

Yay Krell!

Not sure I understand

Must be some kind of insider Warhammer dork humor. As near as I can tell, some wizard has a bodyguard named Krell?

-Tom

Kemmler and Krell are linked in the lore. As in they’re basically always together, they’re kind of a duo.
Also Kemmler is the worst Legendary Lord in the entire game, basically a Necromancer without any mounts.

The game released without Krell, and Kemmler had voice lines about “Where is Krell?” and the like.
They finally added Krell.

Finally decided to really dip into this. The campaign battles seem pretty fun- and I get treehuggers. I always go for treehuggers.

Hoping to finally dive into this tonight. Should I start with the dwarves or one of the 2 story campaigns (are those the mini campaigns I see people refer to?)?

New to Total War if that matters (bought Attila, but never played it).

If you’re new to Total War I’d suggest the campaign and playing the dwarves, they’re very tanky so you don’t get into as much trouble playing them as you would other races that need more micro or their units get messed up by the enemy.

You will have a bit of a challenge at the outset expanding, the Orcs are everywhere. But the upside is down the road unless you want to go hunting for trouble you won’t have to deal with Chaos as they’re on the other side of the map.

Ok thanks, will start with the dwarves. Are the story campaigns fun or pointless?

You know, I think it’s just a case of personal tastes, I’ve never bothered with them as I assumed they were more scripted and I preferred the more open style of the campaigns where the story is emergent. They might in fact be good, and your asking has made me think I should probably check them out and see for myself.