Total War: WARHAMMER

They aren’t scripted that much. I was totally fine with them, but I do prefer the grand campaign.

My nerdinomicon was indexing this when I saw “Kemmler”

During a stream they accidentally revealed RoR for the Beastmen, which is a good thing.
Not having RoR is a huge weakness for all the DLC races, but now it looks like they’ll fix that issue.

Sorry for possible dumb question, but what’s RoR?

haha, I’ve been playing TW for 15 years and I was just going to ask the same question…

I found it earlier upthread… Regiments of Renown. These are the unique ‘super units’ for each faction.

Thanks and very cool news!

This is excellent news! I just picked up the Wood Elves and Beastmen at the sale and haven’t had a chance to get into them yet, so this will make it a little more rewarding when I finally get to them!

To add to this; Regiments of Reknown are max level when you get them and they provide instant one-off reinforcements, as well (you buy them and they appear right away - no build time). However, there is a mod which allows them to gain veterancy in a slow manner, should their lack of XP gain annoy you.

The instant recruit was probably the biggest issue. Factions without them (basically all the DLC races) were at a pretty big disadvantage. And since there is a “no DLC for DLC” policy, there was assumed they’d never get them. Adding them in for free is pretty cool.

Apparently we get something on the 30th.

Maybe the RoR patch? No one really knows, they just posted this on Twitter.

The game runs great on my 3 year old gaming PC, but loading times are long. I am guessing this would benefit from an SSD?

Really silly question, and I am probably overlooking something obvious, but where are my hero’s skills? In the tutorial there was a part where they say use one of these 3 skills and there was buttons around hit portrait in the lower left. But those aren’t there when I select him in battles now. What am I missing? Or was that just a tutorial only thing?

Thanks.

Hero skills are mostly things that give passive bonuses to the combat skills of a hero, though a few do lead to a combat usable temporary effect.

To see the skills or select new ones when leveling up, click the hero in the army (or on the overworld if not embedded in an army) and then select the little ball with their level number to the bottom left of their portrait. This opens the hero or lord character screen. From there should see two tabs, details and skills. Details is for assigning followers and skills is for assigning/viewing skills.

Once in combat, usable skills and item effects will be around the hero portrait in the lower left when the hero is selected. Usable spells (for mages) will be around the magic indicator in the lower right.

This is a game where a SSD is massively impactful on loading times.

As far as your hero lacking skills, they don’t tend to start off with any, they are acquired as a feature of loot and through leveling up. Several non-heroic units have skills as well, though not many. Gyrobombers/copters and goblin fanatics spring to mind as well as a few of the regiments of renown.

Thanks. It sounds like a case of them giving the skills in the tutorial and then taking them away. I was confused by that.

It’s not persistent, it’s per game basis.

I have a bit of a problem…
Steam says I have to update the game to run. But when I start the update, the “Not enough free space” error pops up saying it needs 35GB of space as if the whole game has to be replaced… I have it on an SSD beside the OS which makes the process of freeing up space hard. The most I can get is cca. 30GB, not enough for the update to start. Moving the game to the other drive with more space would be nice, but Steam doesn’t allow that with its method because you can’t move games needing update. My other option would be to move the game files manually, manually update the path in the steam client to the new one, then make it check the game files. But during checking, it downloads the whole game again (and updates it btw)… While in general it is very frustrating, but due to a local problem I’m forced to use mobile net for my internet needs and both the bandwith and the download amount is limited. :-/
Anyone else experienced it? Any ideas?

I did, last week. For me, never has this game required so much free space to apply an update, so I was surprised when it refused to update. It’s as if the update’s making a backup of the entire installation before applying itself.

After finally freeing up enough space, it started to update and then just inexplicably stopped and returned to the “update needed” state with the “insufficient disk space” message when initiated. So I just said, “Screw this,” and then uninstalled and reinstalled it, since I wasn’t concerned about losing any progress.

So, yeah, not sure what Creative Assembly was thinking.

My game updated normally requiring just a couple hundred megs.

I recall something similar happening a while back to me.