Total War: WARHAMMER

That’s my guess. I have Jade Wizard, Grey Wizard, all sorts of free stuff and I never had to do anything but click “download” to get it, as far as I can recall. I may be mis-remembering of course, but since I didn’t have a Total War account before I don’t see how I could otherwise have all this stuff?

EDIT - In fact, now I’m signed into TotalWar.com, clicking on the Bretonnia free-LC just brings up the Steam page for it. It’s not like generating a key or anything.

… so cleverly misleading language to cull more data from their consumer base. I should have known, lol.

Yeah, I don’t think this is necessary at all. Honestly if you hadn’t mentioned it I’d have never even bothered.

Hard to say. Historically they’ve never mentioned going to their site for anything.
We’ll find out in a week, I guess.

Looks like some big changes to the base game are coming.

Lots of changes to the game to re-align earlier (vanilla) races/lords now that the races and content are done rolling out to it, including giving the AI empire player a leg up (not when player controlled) by removing separatists and giving them the entire province at start so they can better deal with late game Greenskin, Chaos, and Beastmen incursions.

10 of the original Legendary Lords are getting all new skills and even skill trees, to better define their unique qualities and change up gameplay for those factions. For example, the Emperor will now faction wide recruit new heroes at level 3 to start with, and one of the Dwarf LL grants +10% movement speed to Dwarf Infantry.

As another example, Kemmler’s skill tree now has many new abilities that help buff Krell, his recently added Wraith ally, including the end of the Krell tree removing his degradation entirely, so he’s just a permanent addition to the battlefield.

It sounds like this is all coming as a free update with Thursday’s patch, which will also bring in the Norsca and the 30 new Regiments of Reknown. I imagine this completes all Warhammer 1 content now, save the odd bug/balance patch, and I for one couldn’t be happier with how this game all turned out, both as a solo game and a co-op experience.

Patch Notes coming soon, sounds like.

I’ve not been keeping up, thought Norsca were pre-order bonus for W2?

This is still true.

Patch notes tomorrow according to an official forum post.

The changes to the old LL’s is probably one of the biggest things. Having Franz not be “Generic Lord with Quest Items and Deathclaw” will make the game a lot better. Same for… basically all the old LL’s who are in the same vein.

Streamers reporting that RoR have a 10 turn cooldown to rehire them. Which is awesome and addresses one of their biggest issues in that they can instantly teleport to hot zones and/or instantly recover their health for a little gold.

Patch Notes

Confirming that it is necessary to log into Total War Access with an account and that you do need to activate your 30 new RoR from there.

You can actually do this now, I just did. Fairly painless, except no matter how many times I tell it to remember me on this PC when I log into the web browser for Steam I have to always use my 2-factor. PITA.

EDIT - I see it’s the only thing with this icon on it:

So I don’t think this has previously been necessary for any in-game content (just the books and wallpapers, I assume, on this same “Access” page). It was very easy to do though.

Takes me to a steam log in that I don’t know the pw to, this is some complete bullshit.

It’s your normal Steam login. If you don’t know it you’ll probably have to re-set the pasword.

Yes, that’s how I was able to confirm that you needed to log in to TW Access…;)

Sigh, thank god I use 1password and it had it. I never enter PWs in steam, auto logins in when I boot up.

So, once redeemed is it hopefully in steam then?

Yeah, you can see it listed in your library.

For some reason I thought from your post that you’d read that somewhere.

In any case, I just wanted to clarify for anyone unsure.

We live in a magical age now, though, where even across the demon-haunted wine-dark seas of forgotten passwords, sites like Steam will help you get access and reset a new password if necessary. ;)

I had read it, just had hoped it wasn’t actually true. ;)