Totalbiscuit RIP

A great entertainer, reviewer, person. He did a great job with his time on this planet.

Very sad to see him go.

He was against the idea that youtube public would consider him a friend, but that just not how it works. He was the friend that give us intro to cool games and gives rational and sometimes pasional reasons to follow games.

We are less withouth him.

Awful, great personality and entertainer. Still remember the first video I saw from him “My name is TotalBiscuit and I SUCK at StarCraft 2!”. That was in 2010. Been following him since.

Sorry to hear. My son introduced me to him. RIP

When they write the history books of the start of the ‘youtube’ world, This man’s name will be mentioned as a true pioneer in the field

My thoughts go out to his wife and family

John Bain

This is awful :( I can’t believe it took him so soon.

RIP TB, though I apparently never watched your stuff. Am I the only one that thought he was the Zero Punctuation guy? I’m not a great follower of the game streaming/podcast genre.

You never saw any of his “WTF is…” videos? At one point, he was the reference (including on Qt3 game discussions) to check what PC games looked like, what graphical options they offered and so on.

I also believe (but might be wrong), that if you heard his voice, you might recognise it. He was quite distinctive.

If I did, it was a one off and I just don’t remember. I’ve been more of a console gamer ever since the original Xbox came out though. I’m glad he was able to make such a large impact on the gaming scene in his short time though.

Agreed. I think he had been making videos for about 10 years. Pretty crazy to think both how long and how short a time in the youtube video production business that is.

But he definitely made an impression and took a stand for gamers.

For reference, a random WTF is video:

RIP TB.

What a shame, top bloke RIP

Man, this sucks. RIP, indeed. He’ll be missed.

So no more Zero Punctuation videos?

He had a nice voice, and a clear way of explaining things.

Wrong guy, though plenty of people seen to confuse the brits.

I really liked his matter of fact style and lack of fear in stating his opinions. Disnt always agree but he always explained why he felt the way he did

50 or 60 years ago he would have been in radio

Rest in peace John.

For the benefit of those who don’t know the difference:
Zero Punctuation = Ben “Yahtzee” Croshaw TotalBiscuit = John Peter Bain

Hell, with that voice, he could have been in radio today, or any time, really. I could easily picture him on NPR for instance.

Of course, he did much better financially doing what he did, but yeah, what a terrific voice he had. Sort of like Orson Welles.

He was such a generous, kind person. We debated occasionally on Twitter and it was always very enjoyable and thoughtful.

As others have said, he also had a remarkable voice.

Sorry, I thought he was the one who did the ZP videos.

Gofund me was opened for his family.