Toy Story 3

The first Toy Story is still one of my very favourite Pixar films, so I’m looking forward to the new one.

Teaser Trailer

So awesome.

I can’t recall another teaser that made me laugh, and it had the little green men!

I wonder who they’re getting to replace Jim Varney as the Slinky Dog? IMDB ain’t saying.

What!? I had no idea. Man, this just made my day. Is this the next Pixar film or is someone else doing it on their behalf? Also, is this trailer in front of Up? If so, I don’t want to ruin the surprise for my kids when we go see that, they are going to FREAK!!

My first thought.

Both sets of them!

Yeah, its Pixar. A non-Pixar version was in the works at one time but John Lassiter promptly canned it once he became head of Disney Animation.

I would love to see Pixar make one huge 3-hour movie with most (if not all) of the characters they’ve created.

I wonder if that was being subtly referenced in the teaser.

Apparently a new Toy Story 3 character has a brief appearance in Up. I took my son to see Up this morning, but at the time I hadn’t heard about the teaser shot, so I missed it. Anyone catch it?

Well it’s uhh… link right there in the OP.

Probably this character.

So when the teaser trailer for Pixar’s newest film Up premiered last year, I noticed a cute little teddy bear underneath the bed of sequence where Carl’s house floats by a child’s bedroom window. I wondered if that could possibly be a new character from Toy Story 3. Up producer Jonas Rivera confirms this in a recent interview, saying that “under her bed is one of the new stars of ‘Toy Story 3’.”

When has that sort of thing ever been good? They usually just turn out as self-indulgent cameo fests.

Saw this in front of Bolt 3D. Looks great - same humor and charm of Toy Story.

It’s Pixar. If someone could pull it off, it would be them.

I think not, but thanks nabeel!

Ugh. I 'd much rather see Pixar tackle an animated film rated PG-13 or R. If ever there was a studio that could convince america animation can work for all ages and maturity, it’s them. You can’t tell me these masters of storytelling aren’t itching to tackle something more gritty, scary, or edgy. As much as I know I’ll love Up, I’ll probably be slightly intellectually bored at yet another feel-good buddy movie about the magic of teamwork.

Shareholders will never let it happen as long as they stay on top with the kiddies, I suppose.

Pixar is doing John Carter of Mars…how can that be Not PG -13?

The Pixar brand doesn’t do PG-13. Andrew Stanton is working for Walt Disney Pictures while he works on John Carter of Mars.