Transformers 3: The Dark of the Moon

Matter of fact, it’s all dark.

Are you confusing Shockwave with Soundwave? I didn’t think there was a Shockwave in either of the two movies.

Yeah, he’s thinking of Soundwave. Shockwave will be making his debut in this one.

He’ll still be the one covered in lots of spiky bits.

Well played.

Though, the fact that you don’t know the difference between Soundwave and Shockwave means that your 80’s geek card is revoked. I wouldn’t be surprised if you couldn’t tell the difference between WilyKit and WilyKat.

We could just as easily be describing and Ork from Warhammer.

Shockwave was generally considered to be in command of Cybertron when Megatron and the original Decepticons left. Soundwave, however, as far as leadership goes, was pretty high up in the command hierarchy for the Earth-bound Decepticons, and generally more reliable than Starscream.

— Alan

That’s easy. WilyKit was the annoying one!

I always wondered what the Decepticons would do if Soundwave was taken out. Wasn’t he the only one that could extrude the empty energon cubes that Megatron obsessed about filling up? Pedestrian, but vital.

Soundwave never struck me as having any leadership potential whatsoever. He was a mute yes-man whose only claim to fame was a pocket army.

Which, admittedly, was quite cool. He was definitely a Megatron loyalist- didn’t he hide Megatron (in gun form) inside his chest for a while in the cartoon?

Dude, the annoying one is Lion-O, with all the constant whining. No card for you!

FYI, in googling to find the proper spelling of “WilyKit”, I found the thundercats are apparently returning on 2011, via the cartoon network:

Reminded me of C.W. McCall’s classic paean to long-haul truckers, “Convoy.”

He never did that, but he was definitely a Megatron loyalist in the cartoon, despite his bio claiming he was the ultimate opportunist.

They were filming in Detroit during September.

Only one side of it at all times.

Huh. And here I’d just assumed Detroit looked like that on a regular basis.

I’m sure all the charred Transformers skeletons around the city brought down production costs and were key in choosing this location.

Oh boy, another pod race scene.

Now this is pod racing!

You’re speculating on the leadership potential of a fictional 2-dimensional character from a kid’s cartoon.

You don’t see the problem with that?