Transport Fever 2

For some reason I couldn’t lay my station like that (where the train track is perpendicular to the road). To get around it I had to put the train station and track parellel to the road and then curve the track to head towards the coffee plantation. I probably just didn’t play with it enough or get it in the right spot. The game kept telling me there was a collision or it had to be connected to the road. Probably user error. I placed other stations and tracks how I wanted to.

I just finished that map and am headed to the next one. It’s kinda comforting they are doing so much hand holding to get started, but it’s nice that the extra objectives tend to be a little more open so the player can make sure they know what to do without the hand holding.

Is the entire campaign teaching stuff along the way, or at some point does it let the player just do it how they see fit?

Were you using a terminal station? I can see it not working if you were using a passthrough.

I wasn’t using a terminal station because I didn’t know if I’d later have to build tracks out the other side. I don’t think the game highlighted the building it wanted me to use like it did other times.

Damnit, I played for 20 hours before realizing you can rotate buildings by moving the mouse while holding shift and LMB.

Anyone know what the max commercial and industrial demand for a city is? I know processing plants can output 400 units/year at max capacity. What I’m trying to figure out is how many cities that can potentially support.

If you access the city’s info panel it will tell you.

In general, I think it’s going to be very hard to max out supply with less than two large cities.

Do you mean where it shows the supply over demand (i.e. as a fraction)?

Here’s a different question: does demand increase as a city grows? What I’m trying to figure out is if a growing city will increase its demand and exceed supply over time.

https://www.transportfever2.com/wiki/doku.php?id=gamemanual:towns

In the first Chapter’s missions the player starts with a ton of money. Do they make money harder to come by in later chapters?

I like the transportation missions, but I’m not crazy about the missions where I have to dig for works or erase trees. My compulsion makes me want to complete them though.

Do you guys prefer the campaign or the sandbox?

I like to mix it up. Play the campaign for a while, then do the sandbox, then return to the campaign for several missions, then back to sandbox again. I do recommend doing at least the first campaign before jumping into sandbox though.

I’ve got one more scenario in the first chapter, so I’ll do that one for sure before trying the sandbox.

I’ve been alternating between the sandbox and the map editor. Like Ginger_Yellow said, starting off in the sandbox can be difficult depending on the available opportunities.

Meanwhile, I’ve been playing around with creating heightmaps from geographic data to import into their map editor. I’d like to recreate a real-world location with some logically placed industries as an alternative to the free game. Right now I’m still trying to decide if the game is most suited to a county, state, or country size map.

SUMMER UPDATE!

Picked this up at GMG for $18 ish.

I just learned about this one and am waiting for a sale. In the meantime, are people still playing? Does it have legs?

I only got a few hours in before real life took over and then I got distracted by other games. I do want to return, as I love shipping/delivery games.

I’m not playing at the moment, but Squirrel is doing a series of videos on it and I’m tempted to jump back in now I’ve made some progress on my backlog.

I like this kind of game. Currently, I’m playing RFS (Real Flight Simulator). This game isn’t only highly realistic, but can also boast incredible graphics. It got hooked me pretty fast. And thanks for sharing, I’ll check Transport Fever out for sure. It seems to be interesting.

I played for around 30 hours and think I got through the campaign. I thought it was pretty good although this may have been the game with dopey objectives. Can’t remember if that was this game or a different one.

Thank you. My wife and I have been watching squirrel’s videos and she seems more interested than I do. In fact, she said that she could see herself playing the game if she could do it on the tv sitting on the couch. She knows about the casting capabilities of the Steam Deck and may want to get one once others have posted their impressions.