Transport Fever 2

Don’t need a Steam Deck to cast to a TV.

Is that right… I have a desktops upstairs and downstairs as well as a Steam controller. My hardware skills are weak… how can I cast form my desktops to my TV?

Assuming neither the upstairs or downstairs desktops are able to be connected directly to the TV, it will depend on what your TV is capable of and what other hardware you have. If you have an Xbox, you can stream your PC to it. If your TV uses Android TV, or is a modern Samsung, you should be able to install the Steam Link app and stream Steam games using that. Similarly if you have an AppleTV or similar set top box. If you were really desperate, you could stream from your desktop to your phone and mirror your phone screen to your TV with Miracast.

I will look for the Steam Link app for my television tonight. Thanks for the information!

The spring update launched last week finally added dynamic platform selection. Very tempted to start a new game to test it out.

What’s that do?

On a line by line basis, you can set alternate platforms that your train (and maybe other modes, I haven’t tried it) will go to if the assigned platform is occupied when it arrives at the station.

I picked this up on the Steam sale and love it.

I have noticed sometimes the truck platforms get bugged. I had a few games where say, the oil well wasn’t producing into the truck platform. The line worked since I was watching trucks go between the platforms. The platforms when I clicked on them showed the well, factory, etc. as connected.

I ended up watching Squirrel’s videos as the tutorial. When there is a warning sign “these tutorials are offensive, but not what we believe in” I think there may have been a better way for them to present the material.

Hmm, I enjoyed Squirrel’s MS Flight Sim videos, and thanks to your post, I’m watching a bit of his TF2 series now. Someone has flagged his videos as offensive, you’re saying?

I loved Train Fever, but I bounced off Transport Fever 1, possibly because I was a bit burned out on the genre. Is TF2 a big upgrade over TF1? How is performance?

I just re-read Tom’s review, and he emphasizes that TF2 lets you sit back and enjoy what you’ve created. As Tom says, Anno 1801 doesn’t really let you do that, and indeed I find Anno 1801 rather stressful to play.

I never played TF1, but Tom’s review is what made me get it.

It’s odd, but I like a game I can keep running while I go do something around the house.

I wish Squirrel did more of those videos, but I guess he got burned out bad.

No, in the game, there’s a content warning.

The campaign basically has a warning they involve colonization and they don’t agree with the themes they portray.

Which made me wonder why they did them that way anyway.

the squirrel series where he wants to make a billion dollars? man the first 4 episodes of that is a great intro to the game.

If you’re learning?

Yeah.

Latest free update on the PC a few days ago added support for controllers, and the Steam Deck as a result. No idea what performance would be like on the Steam Deck though. The developers did a bunch of work to improve the game’s performance though due to the console release, alongside developing a controller optimized user interface.

The European vehicles got a facelift with the update too with reworked and improved models. Among improvements to modding capabilities, bug fixes and other things.

Is the paid upgrade actually anything worthwhile or just ‘collectors edition!’ fare?

Nothing strictly essential as far as I can tell.

Six new vehicles is nice, but you could also just add more vehicles to your game using mods from the Steam Workshop. So, I’d consider it something to buy if you want to throw a bit of extra monetary support the dev’s way. In return you get three scenarios, six new vehicles, some more fauna (animals) to liven up the maps, and two additional in-game soundtracks. Do also happen to get six new skins for existing vehicles bundled in if purchased before March 16, which may improve the value equation.

The deluxe upgrade pack is very much only if you want to support the devs.

It plays very well on steam deck.

However, the developers have, for some godforsaken reason, decided not to back up saves to steam cloud, meaning that I’m now playing campaign on my deck and free mode on my pc…

I actually bought the game with this update and played on steam deck first… Truth be told, the interface on steam deck is better than with mouse and keyboard… I had to go and look up how to rotate a building with m&kb…