Transport Tycoon on iPad

Transport Tycoon is released on iPad.

I am very tempted to buy this. But is the control scheme good? Played a lot of TTD and OpenTTD. I can’t imagine a control scheme without the mouse.

Anyone tried this out?

Some people in that thread look like they’re playing it (or the Android version?)

I am very tempted to buy this. But is the control scheme good? Played a lot of TTD and OpenTTD. I can’t imagine a control scheme without the mouse.

I’ve played it on iPod and it controls surprisingly well, considering. But clearly not as well a with a mouse. Scrolling long distances can be a real pain, though that would be slightly less of a problem on an iPad.

Gosh it was released 3 years ago? I somehow missed it all this time…

Edit: Ok I downloaded the lite version to have a go. The controls are clunky. Adding and changing routes takes so many clicks. And simple things like exiting those deeply nested menus are inconsistent and confuses me. Panels don’t have a dismiss button. I can’t ‘click’ outside to dismiss them either. I have to click another button. And click it again if that opens another panel.

Road laying is a nightmare. There seems to be no way to demolish a road section after it’s built.

My buses get stuck in their path finding.

There is no way this is even close to the TTD or OpenTTD experience.

Horrible UI design and controls guarantees a frustrating experience.

Thank goodness for the demo version.

Chris Sawyer needs to bring RCT to tablets. That would be awesome.