Transporter 2

I just saw the trailer and I think the movie looks promising. Sure it will probably have some dumb plot, but I still found the first movie very enjoyable. As long as it has more slick action scenes then I’ll be lining up to see it.

He kicks ass, man.

Is the trailer up anywhere other than IGN now? I saw it over there last week and thought about mentioning it, but figured I’d wait till we had something more than a crappy .wmv trailer to analyze. Anyway, yeah, dumb plot in the first one, granted, but slick (haha, OIL!) fights and chases. I’m totally psyched!

Oh hell yeh.

Is this still with the Snatched/Lock, Stock and…/Italian job guy? He is cool for some reason. I saw Transporter and thought, holy crap, after the Guy Ritchie flicks, I would never have guessed he was such a kicker of asses.

The plot was stupid. The dialog, when present was just forgettable. But The Transporter had style in spades. The action sequences were well choreographed and executed.

Yup, still Jason Statham.

Ugh, the action sequences were also obviously sped up, and it had a terrible soundtrack.

… and he still kicks ass. Sometimes that’s all you want from a movie, ya know?

How would this guy have any cred left? He makes this huge stink about his rules, and then breaks more or less every goddamn one of them. Who would want him to transport shit, or feel the need to follow his rules now? The should just call it “stylish guys kicks ass”

Hey, he isn’t the first menz whose head was turned by a wee bit o’ asian quim!

I loved “The Transporter”, if only because some women who saw it told me that they found Statham hot, even though he’s basically bald.

And I look a lot like him, so it validated my decision to not take the Propecia.

MORE ACTION MOVIES WITH COOL BALD MEN, HOLLYWOOD! MORE!

And Vin Diesel films don’t count.

Not even Pitch Black?

Not even Pitch Black?[/quote]

No, “The Pacifier” cancels out “Pitch Black”.

No, “The Pacifier” cancels out “Pitch Black”.[/quote]

I still do not know how I let my wife talk me into seeing The Pacifier. I think it would have worked well as an SNL skit. But a full length movie? Interminable!

Oh, and wasn’t Yul Brenner the original bald is sexy guy?

I still remember when I first saw the trailer to that movie. We were seeing a Disney flick, of course, so when it started out showing Vin Diesel being this hotshot spy, my wife leans over and says: “I bet his next assignment is to guard monkeys, or change diapers, or something.”

Sure enough…

No, “The Pacifier” cancels out “Pitch Black”.[/quote]

I still do not know how I let my wife talk me into seeing The Pacifier. I think it would have worked well as an SNL skit. But a full length movie? Interminable!

Oh, and wasn’t Yul Brenner the original bald is sexy guy?[/quote]

But did Yul ever get greased up and use home-made cleats made out of bicycle pedals to kick ass? All I can remember of Yul was him standing around, refusing to let my people go.

I still remember when I first saw the trailer to that movie. We were seeing a Disney flick, of course, so when it started out showing Vin Diesel being this hotshot spy, my wife leans over and says: “I bet his next assignment is to guard monkeys, or change diapers, or something.”

Sure enough…[/quote]

Yeah. It’s like white lunkhead action stars are following in the footsteps of their forefathers (Stallone and Schwarzenegger, specifically) just as black comedians do with Richard Pryor. Black comedians kill on stage, then on TV, then in film essentially playing the same character, then resign themselves to parody in kids’ flicks. Although Stallone was just sort of reduced to vapid family flicks (as opposed to his better vapid action flciks), it was Ahnold who literally set up his films so that he would alternate between dopey family films and tough-guy action roles, to see if one or both would stick. Plus, he didn’t want to be known as a particular character, so he figured switching up roles and never doing a sequel (after he had some weight in Hollywood, obviously bitter over Conan the Destroyer) to any of them would do the trick. Then, of course, he submits to a sequel to the character he’s best known for. D’oh!

And, there’s The Rock. After a surprisingly good performance (sorry, there’s no direct correlation between “WWF charisma” and charisma of any other kind) in a surprisingly entertaining flim, The Rundown, and holding his own in the Walking Tall remake, there he is playing a gay bodyguard in Be Cool (It’s Still a Paycheck). What have you learned, Dwayne? Don’t be in anyone else’s sequel, either.

Poor Dwayne will be looking back with affection for the glory days of Be Cool if he makes it through Doom and Spy Hunter with anything resembling a career intact.

I wouldn’t say he kicks ass, no. I like the actor, but it’s still a terrible movie.