Trese Brothers Games (Star Traders: Frontiers and more)

Agreed. It’s been a common complaint. They still are working on adding a lot of hand holding stuff during EA such as the tutorial and tooltips for everything. They’re actively taking suggestions so be sure to put yours in. I asked for system names to be displayed on the map (like every 4X in existence) so you don’t have to mouse over every single system. They’re going to add that and other stuff I’ve asked for. They constantly improve their games and they never stop doing it even long after release so I have no concerns there.

I haven’t played Star Traders: 4X Empires but have played Heroes of Steel. I haven’t finished it but I like what I’ve played of it. It’s kind of similar to Templars but without the huge requisition point tree. The tactical combat and use of skills is very similar. I don’t think the story and game universe has been as good as the Templar game in it but I’m not even halfway though Heroes yet so that could change. It’s certainly more than well worth the price, especially when it’s on sale (which it should be next week). Templars is my favorite game by them so far although it looks like STF could eclipse that. It does have a lot more depth than anything else they’ve done so far.