Trials of Fire

That does look amazing.

I bought this a while back, and I do like it. My gripes are that a run takes rather long to do (I’m used to Slay the Spire runs that take less than an hour, runs on this I can’t do in one sitting). Also, I’m not sure if the random events will get repetitive after a while. I have still never unlocked a crafting recipe (although I’ve only played maybe 3 full runs).

I’m gonna let it bake for a while, come back to it later.

Finding an item unlocks a crafting recipe for it for all future runs. So that’s probably changed since you last played it.

Also to correct something Scott mentioned, you don’t always heal, you need a good place to rest. Resting is based on the terrain. Bad terrain is like +15% fatigue. Okay terrain is +20% (25?) fatigue and good terrain (a structure or town) is +25% fatigue and +1 health. Health is a big deal since healing herbs are rare (and you want to keep one around for injuries) so resting outside of a good place isn’t usually a good idea, but something you still might do if you’re Tired or Drained and expect/fear a fight.

Soul Levels are apparently there to unlock more cards ala Slay the Spire. More options for level ups. Also you can hone items to remove cards from them. Say you have a cool staff with some spell you never use? Hone it and remove that spell while keeping everything else.

Also the classes are pretty unique. I just unlocked Witch and Alchemist the other night.

And if it ever says “Challenge the Dragons” that isn’t like fancy word play. It’s literally multiple dragons. Don’t do it.
Dear God, don’t do it. RIP that run.

Oh right, I actually knew that with regards to the stamina differences, but didn’t realize you only gained health when camping in shelters/settlements. I’ll update the post. Thanks!

This game wasn’t on my radar but it certainly is now. I just wish I’d known about it a few weeks ago when it was on the holiday sale.

So I started the water gem quest and made it to the temple. I’m going to spoiler my issue below, but would love some input.

However, I was nice and said I wouldn’t loot it, so I got the Dryad follower, but no water gem. However, the quest objective didn’t seem to change and still points to the original temple. When I go there a second time, nothing is activated. Am I supposed to simply wander aimlessly now? Are you doomed to lose the quest if you don’t loot the temple?

I don’t believe that’s the actual first leg of the journey, what you are describing is a random location/event.

I put a little “quick look” together for anyone still on the fence.

I had this same thought, but I also sort of doubt if it was on sale it was more than 10-20% off, or a few bucks.

Hmm, it has the golden maker.

It’s one of the few rare bugs I’ve run into. In my case it was the last part of the new quest line they added with the patch. I got to the location and it was just a generic looting of a place. Only, it was also the only place I could go anymore for the quest. So I lost eventually.

It sucks, but it’s also super rare for it to happen.

Thanks, as the screenshot shows, I’m about to die. So, I’ll see if it fires off correctly next time.

This games looks great! I don’t play EA games though. Is there an ETA on the 1.0 release date? Apologies if I missed it.

Q1 2020 per their Roadmap:

This information is easily come by!

Actually, I saw that it was $7.99 on sale just a month ago and that made me grind my teeth a bit. I missed the boat there.

Well, I’m sure it will be on sale again. If the extra $8 grinds your gears, you can wait for the summer sale and (presumably) get the game post-release for around that same price, and it will be in even better shape!

Yeah, I’m trying to force myself to be patient. I may cave though at some point. It looks great.

Hotfix for the problem @belouski ran into.

Me too. I hadn’t really looked into this game other than thinking it was wish list worthy. I’d snatch it up for $8 now.