Troika post-apocalyptic screenshots?

Taken from a slashdot games blurb:

Full slashdot games story:

Very interesting indeed. Since they didn’t get the Fallout IP from Interplay, I wonder if they would ever release a ‘post-apocalyptic’ game. Would fear of releasing a ‘Fallout clone’ stop the game? Would it be salvageable if they had to rip the Fallout IP out of it (if it does contain any).

Don’t all “post-apocalyptic” settings feel the same on some base level, though?

There’s some concept art that looks like it was used for this demo at the personal website of an artist who worked at Troika: cglenn.com

It’s very cool stuff, but a departure from the established Fallout style.

Yeah, see one apocalypse, you’ve seen 'em all.

How are the NMA dingbats taking this? IIRC Troika are good guys in their vapid little fantasies.

Yeah, it’s cool and its departure is a huge plus IMO. I loved the Fallouts but don’t want a complete repeat of their vision of the apocalypse. Unfortunately the screens look a lot like “Fallout goes 3d.”

As I recall the “Aftermath” table-top DM help guide, an “apocalypse” doesn’t have to be nuclear - biological, chemical, alien and natural disasters can also bring civilizations to new depths of despair - for our greatest sadistic enjoyment :).

More Fallout. Less talk.

[quote=“Mike_Hussey”]

Yeah, see one apocalypse, you’ve seen 'em all.

How are the NMA dingbats taking this? IIRC Troika are good guys in their vapid little fantasies.[/quote]

They’re slamming Bethesda because those two screenshots are proof that

A) Troika would have made the best Fallout 3 evar!

and

B) Bethesda are greedy fuckheads for stealing the license from them when they were clearly doing such great things with it already.