TRON: Uprising

So, this looks pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE7qsfQQGGs&feature=youtu.be

But what the hell is Disney XD?

Kind of has an Aeon Flux look to the animation.

Disney XD is just a channel in the Disney family. I think it’s either their cartoon channel or their “action” channel, or both.

This looks good. I will definitely arrange for this to be on my^H^H^Hmy son’s view schedule.

Sounds super XD to the max dude.

Tron + Aeon Flux + Batman Beyond = ???

Has potential. Wouldn’t be hard for it to be better than Tron Legacy. Gotta wonder how interesting they can keep it considering he can basically never win. Damn prequels.

Won’t be as good as ReBoot.

I don’t hear Daft Punk. No sale.

Joe Trapanese apparently did the soundtrack, who collaborated on The Raid: Redemption’s soundtrack.

— Alan

How about if it were Wendy Carlos?

Why recreate Tron like a urban tale?

You can have artificial life, like Darwinia, or perhaps something like the internet. There are topics that are completelly new to the story of humanity. Since the internet is new, nobody has done much with ideas like people fighting in forums, flamewars, spam, fighting spammers… Tron is the best “brand” of electronic virtual worlds, why let it rot? you can expand it.

Hah, I thought I was the only one who saw this show - brilliant!

Reboot was just a dry run for Beast Wars.

It’s also the only channel currently airing Gargoyles, at least on my cable provider, and this annoys me because I don’t want to pay extra for it just for one show (Disney XD is only available with a premium pack I don’t want).

I’m still impressed with how much Reboot did for what was (ostensibly) a children’s show. I mean, they put characters through the wringer on that show. Death, destruction, life-altering changes. If I were a kid watching some of those episodes, I would have been in tears. Luckily I’m an adult, so I didn’t, uh…oops, gotta go!

Shiny!

Which, honestly, is about all I expect from the Tron franchise anymore. Hooray for meeting minimal expectations?

Except for better or for worse, the premise is the Grid was isolated from t3h Intart00bz and other Users from the time Flynn got trapped by Clu until his son showed up to rock the boat. If this is meant to be set between the two movies - probably between Evolution and Legacy - then you can’t have outside influences like that.

Yeah it was tough going as a kid, freaky stuff. Apparently they always got in trouble for their euphemisms and double entendres too.

First episode is now available online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4

— Alan

I liked the first episode, and hope they can keep at that level through the remaining episodes. Makes me a bit nostalgic for Batman Beyond in some ways.

A nice mix of the old and new designs, though I wish programs weren’t apparently 60% leg.

So anyone else watching? I’ve found the show to be a good continuation of sorts from the last movie and really well done overall. :)