TRON: Uprising

My kids and I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I didn’t realize going in that there is a lot of “name” voice talent involved. Beck, the main character is Elijah Wood. Of course Bruce Boxleitner reprises his role as Tron, Lance Henrikson is the villian, Tricia Helfer is the voice of the Grid computer, Mandy Moore is Mara and Lance Reddick (Fringe) appears as Beck’s ally in the first episode. Even Paul Reubbens (PeeWee) gets a part as Pavel.

The end result is a well acted animated version of Tron that’s proven fairly interesting thus far. You almost need to have seen the Tron : Legacy movie to “get” what is happening in the backstory, but I suspect things will depart from that quickly enough that kids and adults who do not have a history with Tron will be able to keep up.

Frankly, I’m just thrilled to see something I loved as a 10-year-old come back around 30 years later with both Legacy and this series. I know it’s totally silly, but the original TRON is a big part of the reason I have a career in IT today. The movie inspired me to learn more about electronics and computers when I was 10, and the learning has never stopped since.

Although I couldn’t get my daughters into it, my wife likes it and is watching it with me. The pilot was great, and we also enjoyed the first episode. I love the art style and the music is terrific. I hope this one catches on.

Show has been great, this past weeks episode had a Quorra cameo, voiced by Olivia Wilde!

:D

I’ve been enjoying this a ton as well. The style threw me at first, but now I’m finding it very appropriate and like where they are taking the story and the TRON elements. Got my son to like it with me so it gives us a show to watch while we await Clone Wars season 5 this fall!

Oh hey its back on, and I missed this past weeks episode!

must find on the interwebs…

Not a bad return episode, though Lance Henrikson’s character seemed to be move from intelligent and scary to almost comically inept this episode, not sure that’s a good way to go with it. I’ll wait and see though, could have just been a one-off thing.

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle the best friends now being connected to “The Rebel” though. You would think that is going to make life difficult for them.

Anyone know the reason for the long hiatus? My son and I have been waiting for this return for a while! Glad to hear it’s back.

Between this, Clone Wars season 5, the new TMNT (it’s a fun throwback!) and Gravity Falls, we’re having a good fall for cartoons!

I am sad this show isn’t getting more interest here on Qt3. This 2 part episode where Tron seeks vengeance was really good.

My enjoyment of this show is up there with the Avatar series.

Maybe is doesn’t appeal to people who aren’t fans of the original movie or the sequel, but man, the two-parter was a great episode! It fleshed out the period before TRON: Legacy, which was touched on in flashbacks but explained in more detail here. The guy who does the voice of Flynn and Clu is really good; you can tell it’s not Jeff Bridges, but he’s really close. And of course, I can’t get enough Boxleitner!

It’s surprisingly good. Hard to compare to Avatar because of the body of work issue but it’s certainly a promising start.

Really enjoying the storylines in this now that it has returned. As mentioned above, the two-parter that fleshed out some of the conflict between Isos and programs and detailed the betrayal of Clu and the fall of Tron was really interesting.

I think they’ve captured the look and feel of TRON with the animation, and the music is fitting as well. Most importantly, the voice acting in this show is fantastic which makes all the difference.

Yea, I’ve been loving this show as well so far. Was unsure of the visual styling of the characters at first, but they have really grown on me and I’m impressed with the animation. It feels like the TRON Legacy universe, which is nice.

Why did they do that extended break?

I haven’t caught an episode in a couple of months. It’s in low-def, which is frustrating. I have to catch it on Comcast On-Demand, which is always iffy. The Disney XD Roku channel shows the episodes completely out of order. I should check if they’ve fixed that.

This is pretty decent. I don’t like how it’s a prequel – wish it would catch up and go past the recent Tron movie so it wasn’t burdened by it. Love the visual and audio design.

I am a few episodes behind, sadly the show was not renewed for a 2nd season.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/119976-tron-uprising-canceled.html

:(

Too bad, I just watched all the episodes in the last week. I enjoyed this more than Tron Legacy film, the world feels much more fleshed out and with depth, and the visuals were more striking in their own way too.

Edit: Did a little web search, interviews with the producers in response to that guys twitter said it wasn’t totally cancelled yet and guy who tweeted clarified that it’s not a proclamation, just his feeling for what will happen.

Anyone who hasn’t seen this, the first episode is still up on youtube officially and is a good representation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4&hd=1

It doesn’t help that Disney doesn’t do much to promote the show. I can never figure out when it airs and they never seem to show repeats of it say on Saturday morning or other times when kids will pick it up. It’s an enjoyable show for sure! I’d be sad to see it let go.

Yeah, whoever was running that aspect of their programming really needs a kick in the pants.

I have a Tivo so never notice airtimes or channels but apparently its on Sunday nights at midnight. For what is ostensibly a kids show. So… left to die I guess.

I’m not sure what is going on with episode times at the moment, because Disney reruns episodes at weird times. But for new episodes, I’m pretty sure they air on Friday nights or Saturday mornings. So no, I don’t think it’s all that bad. I’m still holding out hope that the show isn’t cancelled.