TRU- 50% Off Clearance Sale

Yeah, they aren’t being marked as 50% off - the key in my local store was that games/accessories in the sale all have a green price sticker with their regular price on 'em.

I finally stopped by ours, having cleverly forgotten the list. The only two titles I remembered though that I saw were Mark of Kri and the Pac Man vs./World 2. The latter was not half price though. I will try stopping again tomorrow.

The tip-off at my local TRU (the one in Bellevue – the selection is somewhat sparse) was the green sticker, and a strategically placed flyer indicating 50% off all green-sticker items.

• Alan

While on the topic of being cheap, Target has a few games on sale for $17.00. I finally picked up Final Fantasy X-2, as I’ve had a hankering for a mindless JRPG for a while now. Never would have bought this one at full price, but $17 felt right.

Now, if someone would just run a clearance sale on free time, I’d be set.

I swung by a TRU while I was in Maryland this week and grabbed another 10 half-price games. Highlights include Deus Ex 2 for $10 and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (yes, that one) for $10.

On a related note, it was posted at GAF this week that the Buy 2 get 1 free deal is coming back in October.

–Dave