True Blood Season Four

At least we don’t have to have a no-book-spoiler thread. I’ve read most of the books, and I think Alan Ball read the first book, and then the backs of the covers for the rest. “Fairies, witches… Yeah, I can work this in.”

I have to agree. AGoT is a really tough act to follow.

I see what you’re getting at. I took that to be DRAMATIC ACTING. The “rebels” seemed to be mad because they couldn’t go get the snu-snu with the humans anymore. But yeah, TB is usually as deep as a puddle. Now the faeries are just another group that wants Sookie.

Got around to watching this last night, and the first thing I said to my wife in the opening scene is, “Any second now Kirk and Spock are going to beam down.”

Yes, the opening scene was absolutely horrible. It got better after that, though.

Who was the real estate agent? I’ve seen her before, but I don’t know if she played another part in TB, or if I’ve seen her in another series altogether.

Hopefully this means they’ve nuked this whole faerie shit. Probably not, though.

The real estate agent was played by Courtney Ford. You might be remembering her from Dexter - the season with John Lithgow.

I recognized her as well. Turns out what I knew her from was the “Naked Man” episode of “How I Met Your Mother.”

That’s right! Thanks.

Really? Tara’s now a lesbian cage fighter who goes by Toni?

Really?

The show is a comedy. I call it gothic sex farce. Just roll with it. Her new gf is cute.

And she still won’t take her top off!?

Calming Asian pussy

Did Eric just get un-vamped? Cause that would… suck.

Pretty certain he just lost his memory. That last line: ‘why do you smell so good?’ conveys that he is still a vampire (Faerie blood still smells great) but he lost his memory (doesn’t remember who Sookie is).

I think that’s right. Now they can potentially set up the Eric has no restraint and goes nuts on Sookie thing. Or something else, who knows.

Calming Asian pussy was great. I also liked go clean up, you’ve got queen on you.

Why would witches casting a necromancer spell cause a vampire to lose his memory? That doesn’t make sense. It would make more sense for the spell to cause the dead to become alive (vampire -> human). I thought that’s where they were going when his fangs retracted.

But the way he did his force-speed run out of there certainly makes it seem he’s still a vampire. So confused.

Every time Lafayette calls Tara “hooker” I just giggle.

Uhm, they don’t just raise the dead, they control them. This was explained when King Beel and “Used to be nasty, but is now just silly” Eric were talking.

I did use to love this show, but there’s too much going on and too many factions… had it just been nasty vampires infighting. But Andy hooked on V, shapeshifters, werevolves, fairies, werepanthers, old gods, evil babies and moody vampires is a bit much… especially when played straight.

I’ll keep watching, but…

The best part about it is that they seem insistent on not actually having any humans. We thought Sookie was a human (if telepathic); turns out she’s a fairy. We thought Sam was a human; turns out he’s a shapeshifter. We thought Lafayette was a human; turns out he’s some sort of weird witch/warlock type (maybe still human, who knows). Jason may still be human, but it appears he’s going to be turned into a werepanther. No one cares enough about Tara to want her to turn into anything.

I swear, if they touch Terry, I’m out. I still fully expect the show to end with him having to put everyone down from a half-mile off with the .50 caliber sniper rifle you know he has hidden somewhere while they’re dancing around at some giant witch/vampire/werecreature orgy.

At this point in the show I’m starting to think that that’s the best of all possible outcomes.

I really do not like the baby storyline. It’s not sitting well with me at all. Tara is pretty much useless and I’m starting to feel bad for Lafayette because they don’t know what to do with him anymore. It’s a little like Sylar in Heroes.

More Nan Flanagan is about the only good thing so far this season.

I don’t really understand how Hoyt and Jessica got to where they are … arguing about cooking is something they would have worked out long long ago.

Is there a difference between the Keebler Elf Faries and Sookie beyond bloodlines?

Kudos to the writing team for allowing Sookie to stay exactly how she ended last season. I figured they’d soften her up and make her less hard to like and more sympathetic.