Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

But the Administration can cry “Executive Privilege” and stop the FBI from turning anything over, right?

No, they definitely cannot stop the FBI from turning stuff over.

They could potentially refuse to turn over their OWN records, but even that has limits. They would need to be able to argue that such records privacy was important to national security, and in this case it would likely be hard to argue that.

I like how they had to include memos for Clinton’s email in there.

Predictably, the White House is saying that Trump’s attempt to obstruct justice was just locker room talk:

“Trump says a lot of things! What, you take him seriously?”

Mark your calendars, most likely for massive disappointment.

Locker room obstruction of justice.

I think this thread has hit its peak

Finally, someone in the White House who tells it like it is! And also doesn’t.

See, if Tom had not disabled likes, that post would have put me back in the lead of the forum, until Armando posted that image.

Like competition is the path to the Dark Side.

I feel like the discussion created by a lack of likes has altered the state of the forum more than likes themselves did.

This woman came to mind.

You go Grilli

Honestly, they took a more direct tack than I anticipated. I thought they were just going to hang on to the fact that Trump didn’t technically give Comey an order.

Comey will be testifying in front of either the Senate or House next week…while Trump and his entourage are overseas.

That’s probably not ideal for him.

Ideal for who? Trump or Comey?

El Presidente.

Thanks to the miracle that is Twitter, Trump can attempt witness intimidation from anywhere on Earth!

The lack of likes would never have been discussed if they weren’t turned on in the first place.

What? We discussed lack of likes all the time. I imagine that had something to do with Tom turning them on for the experiment.