Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

Er, every time? Yes I did quit a job because there was something dodgy going on and no one dared to say anything. And I didn’t like the company enough to give a proper explanation on why I quit. It was just a bland “I hereby submit my resignation on such-and-such date”. Whistleblowers are usually hanged, not lionised, that much I know.

But for a person with Comey’s CV and reputation, it wouldn’t be the end of the road. A few rough years, sure, but if Trump really did say those things to Comey and he resigned in protest, he will do well in the long run.

Sure I can buy the “Trump is coachable” line of reasoning to justify Comey saying nothing at that point. In an ideal world, that kind of political interference would immediately disqualify Trump for presidency, but in an non-ideal world everybody fresh on the job makes mistakes. If Comey also followed that up with some very stern words for Trump (“Mr. President, that would be improper political interference and I hope you will never ask me for such, ever again.”) then I can accept that.

And yes “Trump is coachable” is a myth now truly shattered by Trump himself.

Sure, but Trump has zero leadership and planning skills, and couldn’t take over a castle to save his life. Plus I’m pretty sure he’d be terrible at flaying (no patience.)

I’d say Viserys is more the Paul Ryan type … though, no, hold on. Ryan is actually Quentyn Martell.

Viserys is a better Trump analog, I concede the point.

So what you’re saying is we need a big hulking and extremely hot barbarian to cleanup our Viserys problem, and then we replace the brat prince with a woman. I like it.

Not having read Lord of the Rings, this is all way over my head.

Don’t worry. So long as you understand that Snape killed Dumbledore, you’re fine.

This is nuts.
Trump is obviously Joffrey. It’s not even close.

He’s a spoiled, cowardly, immoral, narcissisic and sadistic twit who inherited everything.

so we need a Little Person…

I thought that, but Joffrey had real power. Granted, Cercei pulled the strings.

UGH, now I know what it’s like when you don’t like gifs and somebody gifs up a thread you’re following.

GRRROOOOOOAAAAAN

I feel like I’m binge watching some Netflix show.

I go to class for 2 hours and we go from “No need for a special prosecutor” to “We hired the ex-FBI director that really, REALLY liked the one that just got shafted.”

And don’t forget supremely arrogant.

Flynn: Before I start, I should tell you I’m under investigation for working for a foreign country without telling anyone.

Trump: Whatevs.

Flynn: Also, I plan on destroying you and your administration.

Trump: Sure. No problem.

Flynn: No, seriously. By keeping me on, you’ll be destroying your businesses, your own life, and the lives of your children. Not to mention the Republican party, and possibly America itself.

Trump: Welcome to the team!

More on Flynn:

If any one person in this whole mess is going to jail, it’s Flynn. Sad!

I mean…I can’t even keep up anymore.

Wait until Trump gets deposed. Between his narcissism, possible dementia and absolute inability to remain truthful, it’s hard to see how he gets through that cleanly.

This would be a fun time for some of those backstage N-word tapes from The Apprentice to leak.

Or the pee pee tapes.

I’m not sure I’m following your reasoning for why Comey should have quit right when Trump started attempting to obstruct justice.

While Trump had the power to fire Comey, Comey’s duty is to the Constitution, not to protect the president. The fact that Trump was doing bad things is not a reason for Comey to resign, it’s more reason for him to stay on, and make sure that the Constitution is protected at all costs.

Suggesting that Comey should resign because Trump did something illegal means that there would basically never be an FBI director as long as honorable FBI directors kept resigning when Presidents do bad things.

That seems…counter-intuitive.

My sentiments exactly. There aren’t a lot of nerd cultural touchstones I’m completely in the dark about, but GoT and literally all MMOs definitely number amongst them.