Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

Because it already wasn’t skirting close enough to obstruction:

I realize this is a leap of faith, but I’m assuming Mueller crossed that T.

From the article, I don’t understand how he could have crossed that T. His former law firm had potential targets as clients, so it’s up to the justice department to hand out an exemption.

Right, but I’m hoping someone on either end was smart enough to realize this and make sure the paperwork was in order. I can’t imagine them hiring him, having Trump drag out this rule and Justice going, “Foiled. You have won this round.”

I have to imagine Mueller would not accept the position without this waiver in place. If he gets pushback from the White House on it, I’m sure he’d just resign and we’d get another special counsel.

I don’t understand why His Innocence doesn’t just allow the investigation to proceed unhindered since there’s no collusion, etc. happening.

Trump is not engaged in a conspiracy. He’s too stupid. He says these stupid things in front of people taking notes. He simply does not know that being President is different from being CEO of a company you own, and he’s probably experiencing actual boundaries and accountability for the first time in his entire coddled life.

Since they took away the hearts to favorite this with…

Yup.

So, I’m straight. But if I weren’t, Anderson Cooper would have me swooning right now:

Even though they cut out the part about taking a dump on a desk (in rebroadcasts), at least they left in the part where he said, “I was talking about dumping documents on the desk!”

Hahaha… I love the reaction of both guys.

Posted this in the Wisdom thread but it really belongs here.

(Doonesbury, May 25, 1974)

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/20/politics/comey-father-trump/index.html

Washington (CNN)The father of former FBI Director James Comey says his son was fired because President Donald Trump was “scared to death of him.”

In a phone interview with CNN on Saturday, J. Brien Comey called his son’s firing last week “a Trump deal.”
[…]
Unlike the former FBI director, who so far has kept quiet about his firing, Comey’s father had some very strong words about the FBI director’s dismissal.

“Why he was fired, I think, is Trump changes every day,” he said. “He had three reasons three days in a row.”

The elder Comey did not hide his own distaste for the President saying,“Oh my God, I think he should be impeached immediately – yesterday. He’s a very incompetent guy. He’s out of his league.”

But he conceded that he thought impeachment “a long shot.”

TheHill: Ex-FBI official withdraws name from consideration to replace Comey: report

Sources told WJLA that McFeely withdrew his name from President Trump’s FBI director shortlist. Three potential candidate left include Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), former Republican Oklahoma Gov. Frank Keating and acting FBI chief Andrew McCabe.

So far John Cornyn, Trey Gowdy, Alice Fisher and Richard McFeely have turned the job down.

https://youtu.be/xVdIlWXOgmQ

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/334739-justice-department-ethics-experts-clear-mueller-to-head-russia

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller has been cleared by Department of Justice ethics experts to lead the federal probe into Russian election meddling and possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, a DOJ spokeswoman said Tuesday.

I guess the Trump strategy of trying to weaken the Mueller probe is now moot.

He will probably fire Mueller too. Give it time.