Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/874435986306027520

Tweetstorm, but accurate.

Epic rant achieved.

(Full tweetstorm below, thanks to @Wavey’s awesome service)

1/ Fire Mueller. Do it. Fire Mueller.

Do it, because it’s time for the final divorce between the clickservatives and any pretense they…
2/ …believe in the rule of law. Let’s just get it the fuck ON and end this shabby pretense that we still live in a nation of laws.
3/ So clickservatives, Trump fellators, fanboys, grunting MAGA mouthbreathers, SING OUT now.
4/ I really want to know. Is there anything he can do that strikes your conscience? Is there any sin, any excess, any affront?
5/No? GOOD. That makes it easy for all of us.
6/ Just go ALL IN. Get a TRUMP logo tramp stamp. Name your kids after him. Pledge fealty for you and all the generations of your offspring.
7/ Stop pussyfooting around the edges. Come right out and say it; all you care about his that he pisses off people you hate.
8/ So come on…Pledge loyalty and obedience to Trump, not America or the Constitution. You’re already SO CLOSE.
9/ Call for Mueller to be fired, Comey to be imprisoned, Wilson to be eaten by wild dogs.
10/ You’re already filled with atavistic lust for the purge, the long knives, the broken glass, the whiff of grapeshot.
11/ You excuse EVERYTHING because duh librul media or whatever bullshit fantasy you believe he fulfills. Go all the way!
12/ So, let’s just have the supine, ten-dollar hooker clickservatives write a million “But Comey” gruntpieces for a little fig leaf.
13/ So you can pretend there’s a reason for letting Trump’s utterly obvious corruption slide, not just an excuse.
14/ So fire Mueller. Call for it. Be on the record. While you’re at it, call for permanent immunity for Trump for all crimes.
15/ Why not? He’ll piss off the media, and that’s worth everything, right? What’s a little authoritarianism in exchange?
16/ Ohhhh, I know. You’re SO MAD someone in the media or culture doesn’t agree with Esoteric Trumpism in every detail.
17/ Is Trump honest? Is he a conservative? Is he a Constitutionalist? Does he believe in the rule of law?

Who cares? He makes duh rawr.
18/ Embrace his utter fucking degeneracy and third-world generalissimo act. It’s the new you! Ride with it!
19/ Trump juche is real conservatism. It’s the real path for the GOP. Forget laws and principles, and just vow eternal loyalty.
20/ So fire Mueller. Call for it. Be on the record. Let’s just get it done, because I’m sure you’re tired of all these petty laws…
21/ …and norms and guardrails that stop Kim Jong Don from truly Making the Democratic Peoples Republic of Trumperica Great Again.
22/ Teach your kids that the laws are for people other than the President. That’s Donald Trump was rid of those troublesome priests.
23/ Embrace unlimited state power, the end of legal accountability, and the ruthless will to power was the only metric of leadership.
24/ What could possibly go wrong?
25/ So endeth.

That’s pretty darned epic.

Epic and truth.
How do you fight against people who are completely without shame?

At that point it becomes the will of the people to resist. 35% of the population, it’s going to be up to the 65% to either hold the line or become appeasers to a dictatorship. The E-4’s and beat cops on the ground will have an outsized role as well.

If Mueller is fired and there is no real consequence, the US will be more unfree than free. At that point resistance will have to mean actual real resistance that can get people really imprisoned or killed.

I think Mueller is where the line is drawn. If the firing of Mueller is tolerated, the Republican party has fully crossed the Rubicon and cannot return.

Thank you, glad it’s of use! (If anyone is wondering, I posted a link in another Trump thread which converts Twitter threads to plain text. </spam>)

Hopefully the twitter-averse appreciate it too ;)
(Actually I bet a lot of folks on twitter would love it …)

In other news … this is ah … yeah, to be expected by now I guess:

edit: :)

Here’s the ProPublica article that they’re referring to: https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-personal-lawyer-boasted-that-he-got-preet-bharara-fired

Rosenstein to Trump at the hearings just now: You’re not necessarily the boss of me.

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein testified Tuesday that if the president ordered him to fire the special counsel handling the Russia investigation, he would only comply if the request was “lawful and appropriate…”

Rosenstein, who has been on the job for six weeks, said only he could fire Mueller, who he described as operating independently from the Justice Department in his investigation.

Oh. So I guess Rosenstein will be fired soon too.

Unlike all the other people that Trump fired, Mueller is not an at-will employee. Rosenstein needs to show good cause to fire him, similar to someone in the civil service. If he fired Mueller without good cause, on top of everything else there would be grounds for a wrongful termination lawsuit that Trump would almost certainly lose. So after paying the political cost to fire Mueller, there is a very good chance that Trump would see a judge reinstate him as special counsel.

Seems like a bigly bad idea, but then again Trump seems to like those.

Damn, that was spicy!

That’s a spicey meat-a-ball!

Get out of my country until you learn to speak American.

Reminds me of Hunter Thompson. We need him so very much right now.

You mean, speak 'Murican. Commie.

Huh, I’m apparently turning into Hunter S Thompson as I age.
Maybe that means I should do way more drugs.

His attorney would advise you to do so

That Hunter S. Quote seems even more relevant now than when first written. Scarily so.

And shoot more guns.