Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

The issue I fear is that they can call into question the legitimacy of the votes. Since they have access to voter registration information, they can remove voters, have the opposition party that lost demand a recount then proclaim “voter fraud.”

They’ll just get loyal people in charge of handling ballots or numbers. They control nearly every local office right now.
If anyone catches them Trump calls it fake news and then Congress refuses to investigate.

It honestly wouldn’t take all that much once you strangle all the checks and balances.
How would the average person know? As long as you don’t fudge the obvious things (make LA go red or something) it would be fairly hard to detect. After all as Trump keeps saying polls are wrong (unless they make him look good), so wow what are the odds the polls were so wrong again? Weird. Oh well, guess we shouldn’t trust the MSM amiright?

Not saying anything like this is going to happen, just that it wouldn’t be that hard to do if you were committed to it. As we’ve learned there are relatively few actual laws and protections holding this republic together. Once the executive goes off the rails and no one checks his power he can do nearly anything he wants. Good news is that Trump is so unpopular that he’ll struggle to get the loyal cadre necessary to pull it off. And the entire Intel Community is against him and would likely drop their dick on the table if he tried.

Even if they did, they don’t.

We all know there is only one tape that would be real news.

Side note, I love how a lot of these news outlets just find the goofiest pics of Trump to use. It’s petty, I admit, but it gives me a little joy in these interesting times.

Why the fuck is anyone in the media pretending that Trump has any tapes?

He’s full of shit. He’s fucking always full of shit. Why do we have to keep pretending like his bullshit is anything other than bullshit?

I just don’t get it.

Wouldn’t cost him any of his core support, anyway, unless the rumored peeing teenage prostitutes were male rather than female. Even then, ‘he was doing it for America’, so maybe even that wouldn’t cost him.

Oh! I know the answer to this one!

Fair question. At the risk of answering a question with another, why is the President being so coy about it?

Weeks ago they said they will say something soon, last week it was “next week”, this week it is in a few days, etc.

Every time it gets brought up, it brings focus back to Russia/Comey/Mueller. It makes no sense that he keeps poking the anthill with a stick. Otoh, nothing this president does makes sense or follows convention, so maybe there are tapes. Maybe he had to get the recordings from Moscow, hence the delay. Who the hell knows?

Any publicity is good publicity. He wants to keep things interesting. His job is to entertain. You’re fired. Greatest show on earth.

BECAUSE HE IS PERPETUALLY FULL OF SHIT.

Preaching to the choir, Bunky.

Ha ha – yep. He said there were tapes because he didn’t remember exactly what he and Comey said because Trump can’t hold onto a thought that isn’t about himself, but he hoped it might rattle Comey. When he discovered that Comey knew any tapes would exonerate him, Trump stopped talking about them. But he doesn’t want to admit he made it up.

That’s my take, anyway.

That’s exactly what happened.

I can totally buy that, but they keep bringing it up again and again, even after the Cpmey memos were revealed. They could have simply said that there were no tapes and Trump was just being Trump and it would have gone away.

They will end up saying Trump was being ironic or something. They understand irony about as well as Alanis Morissette.

I think I’m starting to understand some of these people who vote against their own interests. They know at some point they are being boned, but it’s ok because they think the libtards are being boned even worse and they enjoy imagining the anger of the libtards over it.

I dunno. I despair. I’m going back out on the tennis court to work on my game and not think about this shit. Yes, I’m burying my head in a bucket of tennis balls.

[quote=“ShivaX, post:1408, topic:129708, full:true”]
Not saying anything like [widespread vote tampering] is going to happen, just that it wouldn’t be that hard to do if you were committed to it. [/quote]

It might not be hard to do, but it would be virtually impossible to hide. Voter monitoring, ballot collection, and counting is such a low level process, involving lots of different people, from volunteers to county officials to election commissions. The process passes under too many noses at too low a level in the government. And considering how lousy the Trump administration is at managing its public agenda, I can’t imagine they’d be any more competent managing some sort of insidious secret agenda.

Which is why I don’t have very high hopes that we’re going to find out about any sekrit deals between Russia and Trump’s campaign.

-Tom

Yep.

This is exactly why low-tech solutions (hand-counting paper ballots, or real simple machines that keep clear records and can be hand-verified the analog way) are vastly superior in terms of elections.

Any attempt to “modernize” elections should be viewed with extreme skepticism.

Yeah I am pretty happy with the manpower-intensive paper ballot system we use in Canada. Though the federal and provincial elections you are only voting for one position at a time, so the ballots are very simple.

This seems to be a really big part of it.

Who needs health care or clean air when you can have those sweet, sweet salty liberal tears?