Trump Fires FBI Director Comey

I guess you just saw their latest single core geekbench scores.

Anything less than thirty gagillion uberflops doesn’t even make my dick twitch anymore.

Day 154: In honor both of the President’s “WITCH HUNT” tweet and of the expected magnitude of the detonation…

singling out the “witch hunt” tweet implies whatever this is pertains to evidence of collusion (which would make this, therefore, NOT a witch hunt). Not holding my breath, but that would be great.

That would be great indeed. I guess we’d still have no action from Congress though. I’m not really sure what it is going to take for them to do anything to Trump. Maybe him murdering a few people on the front lawn. Maybe.

http://i.imgur.com/7ejxYcY.gif

Re: “fake news”–you gotta admire (however grudgingly) the chutzpah of taking the term that originally referred to fantastical nonsense (“Pizzagate” type stuff) planted by Russian agents using sockpuppet accounts in people’s Twitter and Facebook feeds and applying it to any mainstream news story that questions the Trumpistas’ world view.

No.​​​​​​

Alan Sepinwall had a great interview with Noah Hawley, the writer/creator of Fargo where they discussed one of this season’s primary themes – The violence of assaulting the concepts of truth and objective reality. It struck me that one of the reasons this season was so effective was that it tapped into the zeitgeist. The main villain (played by David Thewlis who was legitimately terrifying in this role as opposed to his role as the villain in Wonder Woman) had this unsettling tendency to shape reality by insisting on the truth of his brazen lies. Like Trump, he was gaslighting the world and getting away with it.

My favorite quote by his character: “The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good, because otherwise who would care?”

(Sorry for the tangent – I was going to post this in the Fargo thread but it was political and your anecdote reminded me of it.)

Don’t get me wrong, it’s completely cynical and outrageous, I agree. And the depressing part is how infrequently anyone points it out.

Oh boy, another bullshit TICK TICK TICK tweet. I’m still waiting for the goddamn lizard that’s supposed to be coming. Any day now!

I for one would welcome new lizard overlords.

Any overlord would be better than the one we’ve got. I assume this is exactly their strategy.

Fuckin’ lizards. They know how to play the long game.

Here you are given several pre-painted handouts (one from each party). You go into the booth and put one in. That’s what’s counted. No writing, or crossing, just choosing, so no way for a proper vote to be miscounted…

It is not unusual here to 40+ individual items to vote on. Most office have between 5-10 candidates. I am not sure if I understand how the handouts would work?

That plus you’d have to sign each handout to verify what individual handed in that particular handout, to try and weed out fraudulent votes and do a true audit.

It wouldn’t work. You get a set of handouts for each choice, with each option/candidate in one handout. You put them on an envelope and when you turn in the envelope you are ID checked. There’s little chance for fraudulent votes (because there are four citizens summoned to check ID at each voting table) so you know who voted and how many envelopes should be there (more than one handout per envelope is an invalid vote). Votes are counted on site with the urn being always watched by representatives of each party, so no chance to tamper. And there’s no argument about invalid votes since it’s pretty clear who’s handout is which.

It works for 2-3 simultaneous elections/choices (one envelope/url for each) , but not for voting for 40+ items.

You guys are in the right. Not a peep mentioned today and the fucker keeps stringing things along. I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up, unless there is a big afternoon story (unlikely) this seems to be a dud.

Most of the big stories have dropped late afternoon