Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued)

In more Russia news today:

A Russian lawyer whose role at a 2016 meeting at Trump Tower has come under scrutiny from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III was charged Tuesday in a separate case with obstructing justice in a money-laundering investigation.

Natalia Veselnitskaya became a central figure in Mueller’s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election when it was revealed that in June 2016, she met with Donald Trump Jr. and other senior Trump campaign advisers after an intermediary indicated she had dirt on Hillary Clinton.

[Read the indictment: United States vs. Natalia Veselnitskaya]

The indictment unsealed Tuesday relates to a different legal fight involving the Russian and U.S. governments, and charges Veselnitskaya made a “misleading declaration” to the court in a civil case arising from an investigation by federal prosecutors in Manhattan into suspected Russian money laundering and tax fraud. She did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

NO COLLUSION NO COLLUSION NO COL… Wait. What does that word mean again?

THERE WAS NO COLLUSION EXCEPT BETWEEN CROOKED HILLARY AND THE RUSSIANS BUT EVEN IF THERE WAS COLLUSION IT WAS VERY LEGAL AND VERY COOL!!!

Nothing to see here, please move along

From the tweet vyshka posted, here’s the follow-up, dating back to a July, 2017 story in the NYT. Holy shit. We have collusion.

OKAY COLLUSION BUT COLLUSION ISN’T A CRIME!!

EDIT: EXCEPT WHEN IT’S C HILLARY AND THE RUSSIANS!!

I tent to agree with Senor TPM here.

Yeah, it’s pretty clearly a silver bullet. I’m sure DJT is clueless about that to this point. He’ll have to have Rudy 'splain it to him.

I don’t like Joe, but he’s right here.

The question is whether this is legit, or whether this is another attempt by Team Trump to hustle Rosenstein out the door by convincing the media he’s leaving, as we saw last year. (A story which most of the major media got wrong, recall.)

It could mean that Rosenstein thinks the investigation is secure, or will be soon.

Or that Rosenstein is pretty sure Barr will take over active control of the investigation and marginalize him.

Rosenstein doesn’t seem like the type to me to pre-emptively quit assuming that he’s gonna get marginalized. IMO it’s either:

1. He knows the investigation is complete and Mueller’s wrapping things up
  2. He’s just tired of the shit
  3. This is all just fake news

Not according to the junior senator from Oklahoma:

So there.