Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued, now with Ukraine!)

Oh Rudy, you are such a kidder.

No one would ever believe all this crap if it was a movie plot. I don’t understand why they don’t just put Giuliani in charge of the Mueller report. Then we can be guaranteed to get a full and accurate appraisal of the entire situation.

Believe it or not this sort of thing is actually the prevailing practice in the UK. There’s strong arguments that it’s based on a (willful?) misreading of the jurisprudence, but regardless, all our public bodies treat it as an iron rule.

I could easily be reading the link you posted incorrectly, but it seems to me there’s a subtle difference.

‘Maxwellisation’ is a procedural practice which derives its name from litigation in the early 1970s involving Robert Maxwell. It is the practice whereby a person who faces criticism in a public report is given an opportunity to respond to such criticism prior to publication of the report.

The above quote it makes it sound like the criticized party merely gets a jump on the public response to the criticism. This is opposed to what it sounds like Rudy wants to do, which is modify the content of the report before it goes public.

No, with Maxwellisation the response must form part of the report. There is a key difference, namely that Mueller’s report isn’t strictly speaking a public report (the UK doesn’t really have an equivalent of a special prosecutor, but what is probably the closest equivalent would produce a public report).

Rudy doesn’t want to submit a response as part of the Mueller report. He wants to change the Mueller report to fit his client’s version of the truth.

It’s not like Trump will have difficulties getting his side of the story out.

Also, LOL at this trash calling anyone, ANYONE, a ‘known liar’.

So what did the probe find? Was trump secretly working on behalf of Russia? Or does he just do that publicly?

Yes.

Here is the NYT article. Doesn’t conclude much of anything.

Good piece on this:

Nothing, because when the Mueller inquiry started the FBI investigation got merged into that: "The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. "

On the ‘how does he get instructions’ front, this just erupted.

I told you guys it was going to be on plaintext! This is stupid Watergate.

Perfectly normal, this is fine, cool cool