Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued, now with Ukraine!)

We already know he did - felony campaign finance violations.

What price did Republicans pay for impeaching Clinton?

Clinton’s popularity soared after his impeachment. Probably related to headlines like this one:

What do you think Trump would do when all the newspapers announced, “Trump acquitted”? That’s right, you’d be reading it on Twitter every day until his next inauguration.

Democrats actually gained House and Senate seats in 2000 as well…and by all measures after 8 years of Clinton they should have lost.

I think the issue (given the state of the GOP and the fact they won’t do squat) is that Trump won’t be shamed out of office. Even if they have him dead to rights, he won’t care.

I imagine that the popular view that the Clinton impeachment was an exercise in partisan hackery had more to do with it than the headlines. Yes, some people feel that way about the Trump allegations and misdeeds, but it’s a minority of people.

I mean, you only have to look at the polling on Clinton’s impeachment to understand why the Republicans were overreaching.

https://www.pollingreport.com/scandal1.htm

Didn’t he also cop to lying to congress?

Are you suggesting this is not the case?

No, not at all. I’m saying that’s why Clinton’s poll numbers kept improving through the whole thing, because the public knew it was hackery.

Ah, gotcha

Well at least Trump didn’t put his penis anywhere it didn’t belong, rendering the Clinton comparisons and apologia equally invalid.

BTW, not to get all forest for trees, but some pretty important stuff today was Rudy confirming that Trump was negotiation with Russia for Trump Tower Moscow right up until at least election day, 2016. That’s pretty new.

Yes, because Mueller isn’t Ken Starr (appointed by the GOP specifically). Mueller is actually a republican, appointed by a republican.

Rudy’s interview in the New Yorker seems destined to ensure that tomorrow is going to be an extremely stupid day.

Context is, Rudy saying he knew the Buzzfeed scoop was wrong because “I have been through all the tapes.”

Geez, I’d assumed that quote was a humorous paraphrase, not his exact words.

If it was in a movie script, they’d ask for a rewrite to make it sound realistic.

I was waiting for Rudy to say “not those tapes, I mean the abortion payoff tapes”

Ask him about the enemies list.

(Reads headline) I see Rudy’s following my roadmap: