Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued, now with Ukraine!)

I’m not saying that a reporter should be an ‘interrogator’, but they probably can get more interesting stories by following this guideline.

They could probably talk to him today and get the same confession. Rudy is completely bonkers. I doubt he remembers anything from his ramblings on previous days. Has Mueller spoken with him in private yet? If you sort out all the insanity from his replies then I bet you could learn everything you’d ever want to know about the collusion from Trump’s own lawyer!

That would presumably be privileged though.

The president and his representatives have dismissed the project as little more than a notion — a rough plan led by Trump’s then-lawyer, Michael Cohen, and his associate Felix Sater, of which Trump and his family said they were only loosely aware as the election campaign gathered pace.

On Monday, his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said “the proposal was in the earliest stage,” and he went on to tell the New Yorker that “no plans were ever made. There were no drafts. Nothing in the file.”

However, hundreds of pages of business documents, emails, text messages, and architectural plans, obtained by BuzzFeed News over a year of reporting, tell a very different story. Trump Tower Moscow was a richly imagined vision of upscale splendor on the banks of the Moscow River.

Looks like the NRA illegal coordination and Russia connection is splashing all the way up…

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politics/mueller-nunberg-trump-campaign-nra/

“When I was interviewed by the special counsel’s office, I was asked about the Trump campaign and our dealings with the NRA,” Sam Nunberg, a former Trump campaign aide, told CNN.

The special counsel’s team was curious to learn more about how Donald Trump and his operatives first formed a relationship with the NRA and how Trump wound up speaking at the group’s annual meeting in 2015, just months before announcing his presidential bid, Nunberg said.

That also indicates that the Mueller investigation into Russia is stretching further back.

Editorial from the USA Today.

There’s nothing really new or groundbreakying there at all.

The significance is that this editorial appears in a paper that has seemed to be very, very careful about the subject of Trump and Russia; they know their audience. And if Trump is losing them then things aren’t going super swimmingly.

So, apparently THIS happened:

If there’s evidence …
edit - it should be noted that Cohen isn’t exactly a reliable narrator, but still

Mob bosses gonna mob boss.

The threats were on Twitter, so we don’t have to rely on Cohen that much.

To the moon, Cohen!

We need to stop comparing now vs. the Clinton impeachment. Clinton had a personal sex issue, Trump sold our country and our allies out to our #1 enemy. And he is stealing from the taxpayers and his donors, he’s a front for White nationalism, and he is destroying our country.

The two are NOT comparable and I do not think his popularity would go up if impeachment failed due to gutless Repugs.

You’re looking at it from your viewpoint and perspective, and not those of even borderline Trump supporters on through his base.

Of course it’s thuggish. Anytime you threaten a family member of someone about to testify, it’s mafia stuff. Just shows how sad it is that Trump says stuff like this and people shrug it off. He is eroding our justice system, though eroding may be too mild. It’s like he’s taking a drill and removing big chunks.

What a lineup of assclowns.

When does he start his sentence? I would find it amusing to see him answering questions in jail garb. Too bad that won’t happen. 😥