Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued, now with Ukraine!)

I’m pretty sure I understand what you are about these days.

This is your team now. These guys reflect your own sense of ethics and morality. You do you, chief.

Malathor just likes to drop by for some periodic ruble rousing. Nothing really to see here.

Perfect :)

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

If the future president’s eldest son was surprised or disturbed by the provenance of the promised material — or the notion that it was part of a continuing effort by the Russian government to aid his father’s campaign — he gave no indication.

He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

I love it.

And guess what? There were no emails. The whole meeting was a set up perpetrated by Fusion GPS, the same outfit hired by Hillary to smear Trump and that produced the fake Dossier.

“In an interview with NBC News, Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya says she first received the supposedly incriminating information she brought to Trump Tower — describing alleged tax evasion and donations to Democrats — from Glenn Simpson, the Fusion GPS owner, who had been hired to conduct research in a New York federal court case.”

Someone was colluding with Russia all right. It was Hillary’s campaign colluding with Russia trying to smear Trump.

And manafort specifically suggested influence with Trump’s campaign and the GOP to Russian agents, as part of his attempts to make good on his massive debts to them.

I mean, at some point, the denial of Trump’s links to Russia has become absurd. It’s just a rejection of objective reality at this point. It’s like every single person in Trump’s orbit has deep Russian ties. It just looks silly to pretend they don’t.

Lol… I wasn’t expecting the “nuh uh, YOU are colluding!”

You’re the puppet!

Dude, it’s right in the article, from NBC news. The purported dirt came directly from the head of FusionGPS. This has been known a long time, weren’t you aware of it?

I love it.

Who cares what someone who hates democracy and the rule of law thinks?

He’s already openly admitted he wants a dictatorship where people don’t have rights as long as people he doesn’t agree with suffer.

Before or after April 2016, I wonder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-manaforts-2016-meeting-with-a-russian-employee-at-new-york-cigar-club-goes-to-the-heart-of-muellers-probe/2019/02/12/655f84dc-2d67-11e9-8ad3-9a5b113ecd3c_story.html?utm_term=.8d8b58448bd7

It was at that meeting that prosecutors believe Manafort and Kilimnik may have exchanged key information relevant to Russia and Trump’s presidential bid. The encounter goes “very much to the heart of what the special counsel’s office is investigating,” prosecutor Andrew Weissmann told a federal judge in a sealed hearing last week.

I see that Malathor has studied long and hard at Rudy’s feet.

Interesting article about Sen. Burr:

https://www.justsecurity.org/62573/richard-burr-leadership-senates-russia-investigation-disintegrate/

Die in prison, Paulie.

Yup - lock that fucker up, throw away the key.

Come on Trump, you’re not going to let some random distantly vague acquaintance go down for these lies, are you?

So, when Manafort gets pardoned, and then is called to testify about the findings he was pardoned for, and he refuses to do so, what happens then? Is he living in a villa in Slovenia by that point?

He gets thrown in jail for contempt and waits for Trump to pardon him again.

But you can’t be pardoned for contempt of congress (yet). Better if he just slinks away with a platinum parachute somewhere.