Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued, now with Ukraine!)

Does Peter Carr have the world’s easiest job?

Mueller spokesman Peter Carr declined to comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/13/politics/paul-manafort-robert-mueller/index.html

Hmm, oh Tricia, you picked the wrong administration to come out as a whistleblower.

Man, my Schadenfreude is strong right now. People like Manafort who use their talents with only the $$$ in mind, and don’t give a shit about how evil the people they’re serving are, need to be made an example of.

I love the people who are like, “I can’t understand why he would like to Mueller!”

It’s because he is in with the Russian mob\government.

You snitch on those guys, and they kill you. And your family.

Oh. Hey.

The guy running Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign just had a federal judge – who looked at evidence that hasn’t been released to the public yet – agree with the SCO that said campaign head lied to investigators about his conduct and cooperation with Russians while running the Trump campaign.

Not fake news. And we also know this: the Senate intel committee had none of this, simply because they couldn’t investigate it.

That’s way too cut and dry. There’s not even any mention of Hillary. Or her electronical correspondences.

“cut and dried”

/ˌkət ən ˈdrīd/

1. (of a situation) completely settled or decided.

“the championship is not as cut and dried as everyone thinks”

synonyms: definite, decided, settled, explicit, specific, precise, unambiguous, clear-cut, unequivocal, black and white, hard and fast

“there were agreements which needed to be cut and dried”

I mean, we already know, conclusively, that Manafort colluded with the Russians, while he was managing Trump’s campaign.

He gave private polling data directly to a Russian GRU agent.

This isn’t something that is in question. We know it happened.

The idea that Trump’s campaign didn’t collude with the Russians is objectively false at this point. We know, with 100% certainty, that it happened.

Nothing happens until Hannity says it happened.

By all accounts, Manafort isn’t a stupid man. He knew the risks of lying to the FBI. He knew they had Gates. He knew the consequences. Yet he still decided this was the better path for him. Life in prison is probably a better alternative than you and/or your family being taken out by Russia.

That’s the amazing thing, yep! This is a smart guy. He chose the “Probably Die In Prison” option, because the other options were worse. That sounds like a man worried about his kids.

He has to know a pardon is very unlikely, as it’s not in Trump’s interest to do that.

I don’t think Manafort worries about anything but himself.

I suppose it depends on what orders come down from Putin and his oligarchs.

Well, it’s not in their interest, or Trump’s, to have Manafort testifying before Congress, unable to plead the fifth and facing potentially unpardonable contempt charges.

And even the worst people usually love their kids. Not always… but usually.

I don’t mean to minimize the brutality or naked evil of the Russian kleptocracy, but you guys don’t think Manafort might be a weeeee bit too high profile to serve polonium tea to?

Russian assassination of a key witness in Russian electoral tampering and psyops against the US public would be a massive event that would realign US politics and not in Russia’s favor. Putin is an evil asshole who is much smarter than that.

You’re probably right. But if you were Manafort, and they threatened your family, how do you feel about calling their bluff?

That family (especially the daughters) appears to hate him because he’s a pervert in addition to all the treason and thievery. But that doesn’t mean he hates them.

All speculation, of course.

Nah, that’s a legit point.