Trump/Russia 2016 election investigation (continued, now with Ukraine!)

Maybe that he ignores public evidence of collusion?

You mean Trump, at a press conference, sarcastically asking Russia to help Hillary comply with a congressional subpoena? LOL That’s a 9/11 truther level joke.

So… Malathor?

Wait a second. Has Trump been sarcastic this whole time? That changes everything.

Yeah, the public is probably more informed about the evidence of collusion than the special task force that has been working full time on this case for 2 years now.

Greenwald, more than anyone else on the the left proved himself over this BS. Also Tracy, Mate, and Dore. The only journalists on the left with any shred of brains or integrity.

More importantly, how’s that wall coming? I’m hoping the payments from Mexico will help offset all the revenue lost from the tax breaks for the wealthy.

This is a strange reply in this context, because Greenwald doesn’t know what Mueller found, and you don’t either. Yet he’s opining about it, and you’re endorsing it.

Some court cases will be upcoming on that front, but it is a big disappointment so far. Trump’s biggest mistake was to be talked by Ryan and McConnell into Obamacare repeal first.

I have you muted, Malathor. And it’s glorious!

He knows that there are no more indictments coming and that the Mueller investigation is over.

M reminds me of the guys who laugh at global warming when it’s the middle of winter and the snow is piling up. But when summer comes and California is burning down and record highs are recorded across the country… Crickets.

How do you Mute someone? His tired R denial talking points are lowering my IQ.

Neither me nor Greenwald are opposing Mueller’s investigation. I would be thrilled if the investigation brought back some hard evidence to put Trump down. But that doesn’t seem to be how things are unfolding. After 2 years of the media and the left endlessly fantasizing about how Mueller is going to break this thing wide open, it doesn’t seem like there is any real evidence to charge anyone with colluding with Russia. That’s not to say Mueller didn’t uncover a lot of shady business going on that has already helped bring down some awful people, or that future investigations won’t uncover more damning evidence. But I think for now we should at least acknowledge that we’re still looking at a lot of smoke with no fire. And it’s not for lack of effort.

Why are people crowing before the report is released?

Yeah and the Greenwald ‘no Americans indicted’ angle is just… off. Are Manafort, Stone, et al not Americans?

Epic goalposts moving by someone whose credibility is in the toilet.

That’s not even what he said. He said no Americans were indicted for colluding with Russia to influence the 2016 election. Which is true.

And Al Capone wasn’t indicted for gang activity.

What is your point?

My point is that there is no proof that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to influence the election. Why is it so hard to grasp for people?

Maybe because it is generally not true. Of course ‘proof’ is the wrong word. There is certainly evidence of that collusion, and Mueller uncovered some of that evidence.

Example:

The problem is that conservatives are hung up on a very narrow word. We know Russia influenced our election, we know the Trump campaign gave campaign data to the Russians, we know they met with the Russians to get information about Hillary. We know they committed a host of related crimes, and obstructed justice in the process.

What is so hard for you to understand about that?