Trump sent American servicemen to their deaths already

Okay, sure. I refuse to be baited into whatever this is. Have fun on your crosses.

what the heck am I doing with multiple crosses?!

Golgotha cosplays?

hah, even a Fallout reference! No one minds being insulted, if you put in the effort to do it creatively.

Oh dear…

I’m not sure it’d make sense any other way triggercut old mate, with the cosplay reference and all.

I guess I dressed up like an ancient Roman for nothing.

Is that “a Roman from ancient times,” or “a Roman who is very old?”

I actually disagree a bit. I understand you think you’re giving as good as you get, but from my perspective, it looks like you pushed the “giving” part of the equation a bit too hard and escalated the degree of personal insults. All I’m asking is that you please keep that in mind as/if the discussion continues.

I will now cease peeing on your leg. :)

-Tom

Well the escalation part may be true in this instance Tom, viewed in isolation, but what can I say mate? I grow a wee bit tired of it.

We seem to be able to disagree without calling each other names, perhaps some of the faithful can follow your lead.

Late to reply to this, but I don’t really believe this to be true. Self-absorbed and idiotic, perhaps. But he did indeed attend the return of the body and apparently spoke to the family. Look, we all need knowledge of how bad our fucks ups may be in order to try to change them in the future.

Also @BadSport it’s not highly unusual for a President to meet the family of a kia soldier. Obama did it many times, so did Bush, Clinton, etc. It is sometimes asked by the family that they want privacy of their meeting.

I honestly wonder if he only did it because he was expected to.

He’s demonstrated previously that he lacks pretty basic understanding of normal peoples’ lives. The statement I recall most is when questioned about his sacrifice, and he gave as an example, “I’ve built great things, and had great success.”

Even when pushed on it, “Is that really a sacrifice?” he said, “Yeah, I think so.”

No it’s not. That’s not sacrifice at all. All opinion aside, that’s literally not within the definition of sacrifice. Sacrifice is some sort of suffering that you endure. Something you give up.

The fact that Trump can’t even appreciate the meaning of the word is somewhat mind blowing to me.

You and @jpinard could be entirely correct as well. I’m replying with my perception clouded by mostly sane people (some of them assholes) who still hold some semblance of dignity and respect regarding the loss of life. I don’t like to imply anyone doesn’t unless I actually see that as the case. He could just be following the numbers here, but I just don’t know. I’m sure we will get more opportunity to see how he handles these things.

Excellent work, Trump. I’m sure his staff is working out how to make this be Obama’s fault.

That’s fair enough. Though I do think you’re being quite generous here, I can’t fault that, really. I’d like to think you were correct.

Trump obviously made that visit for human reasons. It would be churlish to suggest otherwise.

But once the numbers add up, there’s not enough hours in the day.

I have my doubts that that man has done anything in his entire life that corresponds to what you and I would call “human reasons.”

What human reasons? Is he human? Not sure tbh.

I don’t know that many politicians can separate where the ‘authentic sentiment’ ends and the optics begin.

You know what? I’ll spot Trump this one.